This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Let’s be honest, going to college is possibly the most drastic life change most of us have faced. Moving to a new place can be drastic, whether it’s a change of pace or different scenery you’re experiencing.

I interviewed some of my friends/acquaintances who are freshmen this year at a number of universities and schools around the U.S. Let’s see what how life differs for all of them!

1. Rhiannon

Hometown: Tyler, Texas

School: The University of Texas at Austin (Austin, Texas)

Major: Business

What was the weather like in Austin today?: “It was abnormally cool today, around 64 degrees.”

Favorite thing to do in Austin: “I enjoy doing things out and about, such as going to Barton Springs or the Greenbelt.”

Typical meal: Subway sandwich or pad thai

Biggest culture shock about Austin: “The nightlife is vibrant and wonderful, nothing like I’ve ever experienced.”

2. Amy

Hometown: Tyler, Texas

School: Bemidji State University (Bemidji, Minnesota)

Major: Psychology

What was the weather like in Bemidji today?: “It started out at 28 degrees, but it was up in the 50s this afternoon.”

Favorite thing to do in Bemidji: “I just like hanging out with my friends, either shopping or spending time outside by the lake or in our little state park if the weather is nice.”

Typical meal: “I eat a lot of soup, trail mix, tuna, and bagels…”

Biggest culture shock about Bemidji: “…I guess the way that everyone dresses, and the social media culture is different.”

One way you have changed since you started college: “I guess I’d say I’m more extroverted just because I’m kind of forced to be around people constantly…”

3. Sofie

Hometown: Wilmette, Illinois

School: Skidmore College (Saratoga, New York)

Major: Undeclared

What was the weather like in Saratoga today?: “50 degrees and rainy.”

Favorite thing to do in Saratoga: “Walk around town with friends and see cute dogs.”

Typical meal: French fries and salad

Biggest culture shock about Saratoga: “THERE ARE MOUNTAINS AND NO ONE UNDERSTANDS HOW EXCITING THEY ARE.”

One way you have changed since you started college: “I actually do my work.”

4. Jack

Hometown: Princeton Junction, New Jersey

School: Belmont University (Nashville, Tennessee)

Major: Commercial Guitar

What was the weather like in Nashville today?: “Rainy.”

Favorite thing to do in Nashville: “Perform with my band(s)”

Typical meal: Mexican or BBQ

Biggest culture shock about Nashville: “Everyone is white or black; no Indians or Asians which is weird for me because where I’m from that’s what the majority is.”

One way you have changed since you started college: “I’m tired as hell compared to normal.”

5. Ian

Hometown: New Hyde Park, New York

Major: Music Business

What was the weather like in Nashville today?: “Rainy and humid.”

Favorite thing to do in Nashville: Attend live shows

Typical meal: Chick-fil-A Sandwich

Biggest culture shock about Nashville: “Everyone here is so polite and relaxed. I’m used to the rude, hurriedness of typical New Yorkers.”

One way you have changed since you started college: “I’ve gotten a lot better at making conversation with strangers.”

*Fun fact: Jack and Ian are roommates!

6. Andrew

Hometown: Tyler, Texas

School: Oklahoma City University (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)

Major: Theatre with emphasis in Acting

What was the weather like in OKC today?: “High 60’s-Low 70’s with high wind chill. One day it’s in the 50’s and one day it’s in the 80’s, but regardless, the wind is blowing.”

Favorite thing to do in OKC: “Eat. There’s nothing else to do.”

Typical meal: “2 slices from Empire Pizza for $6 (at least twice a week), otherwise I’m eating in the caf.”

Biggest culture shock about OKC: “For a fairly liberal school and being the capital of Oklahoma, Oklahoma is highly conservative.”

One way you have changed since you started college: “Since I’ve lived in Oklahoma, I’ve figured out what’s important to me and why I believe what I believe. If I go to church, it’s my decision, and if I read the Bible, it’s because I’m a Christian and not because my parents told me to. I’ve gained confidence in who I am as a person and started making the tough life decisions. My work ethic has skyrocketed knowing that this is my last chance to get ahead on life before throwing out in my profession like everyone else. I’ve consistently worked out, trained my voice, and read plays trying to train as hard as I can while I’m here.

7. Ian W.

Hometown: Wake Forest, North Carolina

School: University of North Carolina – Greensboro (Greensboro, NC)

Major: Music

What was the weather like in Greensboro today?: “HUMID.”

Favorite thing to do in Greensboro: “Hang outside with friends.”

Typical meal: “Whatever they have in the caf.”

One way you have changed since you started college: “More outgoing and self-confident.”

8. Abby

Hometown: Tyler, Texas

School: Texas A&M University (College Station, Texas)

Major: Business

What was the weather like in College Station today?: “It was 68!”

Favorite thing to do in College Station: “Just hang out with friends whether we are eating, just chilling or talking, or attending Fighting Texas Aggie football games!”

Typical meal: Tuscan chicken sandwich from the Memorial Student Center

Biggest culture shock about College Station: “Honestly, College Station isn’t that different from East Texas.”

One way you have changed since you started college: “I have become more comfortable talking to strangers and putting myself out there to make friends.”

9. Mark

Hometown: Los Angeles, California

School: Berklee College of Music (Boston, Massachusetts)

Major: Contemporary Writing and Production

What was the weather like in Boston today?: “It’s cold, but sunny.”

Favorite thing to do in Boston: Walk by the Charles River

Typical meal: Pizza

Biggest culture shock about Boston: “Not being able to drive.”

One way you have changed since you started college: “I don’t sleep enough anymore.”

10. Sarah H.

Hometown: Tyler, Texas

School: Pepperdine University (Malibu, California)

Major: Biological Sciences

What was the weather like in Malibu today?: “Mild but sunny.”

Favorite thing to do in Malibu: Going to the beach or hiking the mountains

Typical meal: Chicken Tenders and Dr. Pepper

Biggest culture shock about Malibu: “How nice and accepting people are.”

One way you have changed since you started college: “I now don’t care what I look like and don’t judge people as much as I used to.”

11. Me!

Hometown: Tyler, Texas

School: Loyola Marymount University (Los Angeles, California)

Major: International Relations

What was the weather like in L.A. today?: It has been in the 70s for a few weeks, but we are having a heat wave, so it was in the upper 80s.

Favorite thing to do in L.A.: Explore Santa Monica, Venice Beach, and Abbot Kinney

Typical meal: Açai bowls, yogurt and granola, fruit, or a grilled cheese if I feel like splurging.

Biggest culture shock about L.A.: Skateboarding and the more relaxed way of life.

One way I have changed since I started college: I have adopted a fitness routine, and no longer care about my appearance as much as I used to.

School: Loyola Marymount University (Los Angeles, California) Hometown: Tyler, Texas Major: International Relations Hobbies: Musical Theatre, Singing, Fitness, Yoga, Modeling, Traveling TV Shows: American Horror Story, Feud, American Crime Story, Handmaid's Tale, Orange is the New Black, Dexter, Riverdale Music: Lady Gaga, Led Zeppelin, Guns n' Roses, Lana del Rey, Anderson Paak, The Eagles, Joan Jett (truly any classic rock) Movies: Slumdog Millionaire, Atomic Blonde, Gone Girl, Chicago Books: The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald Food: Indian, Chinese, Tex-Mex, Chicago Dogs, Acai Bowls, Pearl Tea Favorite Colors: Lavender, Gold Favorite Places: New York City, Los Angeles, London, Dubai, Paris