burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Coco Made NastyGal Do It

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

By: Conchita Widjojo

Four for you, Glen Coco. You go, Glen Coco! More like a thousand for Coco Chanel, whose fashion empire has taken the world by storm. Nasty Gal has released their annual vintage Chanel collection, and we are obsessed. The latter doesn’t even begin to cover how this collection makes us feel. Overwhelmed is a good place to start – overwhelmed by the exquisiteness of every product and overwhelmed by all those zeroes at the end of those prices. It is Chanel, after all, and the brand maintains its high standards for pricing.

But it doesn’t hurt to look. If you’re on Santa’s nice list this year, let’s hope he gifts us with one of these fabulous items from this vintage goldmine. The clothing collection just screams Jackie Kennedy merged with a hint of Holly Golightly. Bring out your inner Blair Waldorf with these tweed jackets and wool pencil skirts to set a poised preppy look that will never go out of style. Not to mention, a great excuse to rock those adorable classic headbands and the classic silk scarf around your neck. Can you say groovy?

The accessories are without a doubt some real-deal arm candy, with gold chains to wrap around your waists as belts, and colorful sunglasses to give your look a touch of sassiness. The bracelets, necklaces and earrings are gold galore, and are sure to be a classic hint of Chanel for an elegant outfit. On top of that, the collection even offers a pair of novel suspenders that go for $1,950. Seriously.

More importantly: the bags. With every style and color you could ever imagine, including fanny packs, these babies will have your jaws dropping. Pink, gold, metallic, purple, green, you name it and they (probably) have it! They even have their own version of a sport duffle and an adorable red tennis tote.

Of course, it is still designer fashion, so we’re bound to stumble upon some everyday items at absurd prices. This collection offers a ski jumpsuit, as well as a snowboard, a tennis racquet, and even a black and white Chanel basketball. Coco loves to ball, so what? These items will, without a doubt, be sold out within days. The $650 umbrella is a little questionable, but then again, it is Chanel!

Feast your eyes on one of the most beautiful vintage collections the wonderful world of online shopping has to offer. Take a look for yourself! Here are some of our favorite looks from the collection:

All images from NastyGal.com