Campus Profile: Nicole Closson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Every campus needs a Nicole Closson on it, and lucky for us LMU gets to embrace her presence every single day. Not only does she challenge others to be the best they can be, but also she has set out to change the world herself. If you ever get to experience the uplifting attitude, limitless perspective, and enriching encouragement that Nicole embodies then you would know the world would be lacking if Nicole was not a part of it. Here’s a little piece of Nicole:

Major: Dance

Year: Junior, Class of 2018

Where do you work? Tell us about your experience there. Flywheel Sports – Playa Vista.

I loveeeeee working at Flywheel. Flywheel is a cycling studio that started in NY and has finally made its way to LA. They just got a new location in Playa Vista this past Summer. I started working there in August in hopes of creating new friendships outside of the LMU community as well as work experience. The job ended up meaning more to mean than I ever thought it would. I have learned more about the fitness industry (specifically cycling), how to deal with all different kinds of people, and figuring out how the Flywheel software and hardware (the bikes) work. Flywheel is a hub of motivational people just trying to reach their fitness goals, have fun, and talk health. The employees always seem to have a smile on their face and are always willing to take in new information, learn from one another, and add to each others creativity/dreams. I love my co-workers. Overall, it is an extremely inspiring and exciting work environment. 

What are some of your favorite things to do? 

• Going to target buying trail mix 
  • Reading 
  • Going to Pages (cute bookstore in Manhattan Beach) or The Last Bookstore (DTLA) 
  • Eating 
  • Exploring 
  • Cycling 
  • Dancing
  • Rollerblading 
  • Going to the beach 
  • Making lists 
  • Organizing 
  • Cleaning 
  • Sitting in Anthropology wishing I could buy everything 
  • I can live, breathe, eat and sleep in lulu lemon
  • I love Whole Foods 
  • Meeting new people 

What do you love about going to LMU? There always seems to be a positive drive throughout Loyola’s campus. The students that LMU attract are well rounded, bright, and good hearted. That is definitely my favorite part about attending LMU. There is also a incredible one-on-one connection between the students and teachers which makes going into office hours that more enjoyable. LMU attracts people from all over the world with common interests and different backgrounds. The location is exquisite and I don’t think there is a better school that prepares you for the working world. LMU graduates seem to understand how to conquer life, the world, and their aspirations. 

What do you want to when you graduate?

Here’s a list:

• Perform in a modern dance company in LA, NY, SF, or Chicago
  • Make a difference in people’s lives
  • Have my own dance company 
  • Create a dance program at Stanford 
  • Get my MBA and MFA
  • Travel the world
  • Work with the amazing choreographer Crystal Pite (I’m obsessed with her and she owns a dance company called Kidd Pivot) 
  • Do some commercial work 
  • Live in Boston 
  • Work in product development or HR for a company TBD 
  • Be in a Broadway show and spend some time in New York

What’s your favorite song? Gypsy – Fleetwood Mac (I aspire to live the gypsy life style and stevie nicks just gives me life).

If this does not inspire you, I do not know what will! Thanks for enlightening our lives, Nicole!

LMU Senior. Marketing Major/Studio Arts Minor. DG gal. Ms. Worldwide
A Cleveland, Ohio native, Kaitlin is a senior English Major at Loyola Marymount University.