Campus Profile: Finley the Corgi

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Common things you can find on Loyola Marymount’s campus nowadays are: bikes, coffee cups, reusable water bottles, and now corgis! College can be an extremely stressful environment due to busy schedules, procrastinated assignments, and sleepless nights, but when it comes to anxiety, what’s more soothing than a fluffy dog crawling into your lap for some cuddles at night? As a service dog, Finley knows just how to calm you down after a crazy day! Seeing his cute ecstatic smile melts away my tension at the end of a long day of school.

Finley lives with his owner Shaina Rojas, who is a freshman on campus and lives in on-campus housing! Therefore you can see Finley’s fluffy butt roaming around campus through the day and week.

Some of Finley’s favorite activities are photoshoots, meeting new friends, and playing toys with his floormates. His #1 pet peeve is vacuums. Fun Fact: Finley loves long walks on the beach!

So if you see a cute corgi wandering around the Sunken Garden, always stop and say ”Hi!” to this sociable pup.

Instagram: @finleythefluffycorgi