Campus Profile: Allie Crawford

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Name: Allie Crawford

Hometown: Brentwood, CA

Year: Sophomore

Major: Communication Studies and a graphic design minor

Go-to snack: Ben and Jerry’s Phish Food

Favorite song: oh gosh this is hard… I have been getting down to Bruno Mars lately.

Where are we most likely to find you on campus?: If I am not in class or working I am probably in my room watching This Is Us

You’re running for ASLMU senate!! Why did you decide to run?: Yes, I am running for the College of Communication and Fine Arts Senator. I decided to run when I heard about the college-based senator positions, I think these positions will allow students in all colleges to feel represented and that their unique needs and concerns are heard. I also was inspired to run based on my experience in student government in high school. I really saw the importance of having student leaders who are invested in their community and want to make it better for everyone.

What would your responsibilities be as a Senator?: The goal of an ASLMU Senator in general is to serve the student body by keeping their thoughts in mind when planning events or creating policy. Since the CFA Senator is a new position for ASLMU I would work to promote the communication and art departments to the entire student body, I want to showcase the importance of all forms of art to our school.

What sets you apart from the other candidates?: I am a good candidate because of my passion for the many aspects of CFA. I love Communication studies as well as my studio art courses. I recognize the talent in our many programs such as dance, theater, music, and art.  I have an understanding of the diversity in this college that is crucial to representing it.

What changes do you hope to bring to LMU through being a Senator?: While my goal is always to consider the perspective and input of CFA students, ultimately I hope to make LMU a more inclusive and enjoyable environment for all students. I want to build pride and community through events tailored to accommodate the entire LMU population

Alison is a Senior Marketing major at Loyola Marymount University. She is also President of Her Campus at LMU and has been involved since her freshman year. She enjoys writing, running, going to the beach, and is always down for a cute brunch.
A Cleveland, Ohio native, Kaitlin is a senior English Major at Loyola Marymount University.