This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Campus Celebrity: Hayden Tanabe

Nickname: Baeden

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Born and raised in Torrance, CA.

Major: Business Finance and Economics double major.

What are you involved in on campus?

I am a member of Delta Sigma Pi (DSP), a co-ed professional business fraternity. I am also a member of the Resident Housing Association. This past summer, I was a June Orientation Leader as well.

You are the current president for the Resident Housing Association, what upcoming goals do you have for RHA?

I desire for RHA to create waves of change and oceans of opportunity for all of the residents that live at our beautiful home on the bluff. We strive to create engaging programs so that we can create a better sense of community on our campus.

What’s your favorite thing about being a member of RHA?

My favorite thing about RHA is that we are able to take an active role in student leadership and shape the world around us. I aspire to have every LMU student call this campus his or her home.

What advice do you have to anyone who wants to get involved in RHA or anything else on campus?

I would suggest that students looking to get involved should align themselves with people who share similar interests and passions; these groups are the ones that will push you to be your best. If you would like to get involved with RHA, look to your hall council members and inquire about opportunities.

What do you like to do in your free time?

In my free time I really enjoy shaking my hips at Zumba or playing basketball at the gym with some of my business fraternity brothers. Also, I am a big sucker for Disney Channel Original Movies.

Tell us a fun fact about yourself:

My middle name, Kanoa, means “the free one” in Hawaiian.

A Cleveland, Ohio native, Kaitlin is a senior English Major at Loyola Marymount University.