Campus Celebrity: Camille Jones

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Name: Camille Jones

Year: Senior

You served as Delta Gamma’s President for the past year. How was that experience?

It has been the hardest thing I have ever done, but also the most rewarding. If it weren’t for the love, support, and inspiration from all of the amazing women in DG, I don’t know how anyone would be able to do this job. I’ve learned so much about myself through this experience: my strengths and weaknesses as a leader, the way I communicate with people, what I value, how I cope with stress and confrontation, and the importance of holding myself and others accountable. It has challenged me to be the best version of myself, and has pushed me in ways I didn’t think it could.

You work at The Loft, and just started interning at Dollar Shave Club. How do you balance everything?

Balance is a constant struggle for me. In the past I’ve had a hard time saying no when people ask me to commit to things, but this semester I have been constantly reminding myself that my health and well being need to be priorities in my life as well. Luckily DG, the Loft, and Dollar Shave Club have all pretty seamlessly fit together in my schedule in a way that also allows me to make time for school, a social life, and myself. Prioritizing my responsibilities and commitments, as well as keeping an extremely detailed calendar, have enabled me to successfully stay involved in everything that I love. 

As your final semester in college approaches, what are you most looking forward to?

I’m most looking forward to all the change that will come with the new semester for me. My class schedule will be a breeze, I will have passed on the Presidency torch, and I will finally have the time to fully enjoy a relatively stress-free semester. I look forward to being able to reflect on, and appreciate, everything that the last three and half years at LMU have enabled me to accomplish. 

What do you hope to leave as your legacy at LMU?

I hope to be able to leave LMU knowing that I have made a difference on campus in some way. I hope the legacy I leave at LMU empowers not only the women of Delta Gamma, but all women on campus to question the status quo, to challenge conformity, to be confident in who they are, what they look like, and what they stand for, to break through those glass ceilings, and to inspire positive change in the world. 

Favorite college memory thus far?

Living at Skylight (the name of my off-campus house) with my best friends has been my favorite college memory by far. We have had so many girls live in our house over the past two years, it has become a place where everyone feels welcome and at home. I’m not sure how I would have survived, this past year especially, without the constant love, support, and entertainment from the people I’ve been lucky enough to call my roommates. 

Fun/random/interesting facts: I just joined Student Brewing Club!