Bored Over the Weekend? Here are Some Bingeworthy Shows I Recommend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Everyone has been in a position where they are bored, have extra time, or are trying to procrastinate but can’t find a show to watch. In an effort to help, I am going to give you five shows I have watched that may not be the most critically acclaimed, but are most definitely entertaining. 

1. 90 Day Fiancé

If you are a fan of reality television, I promise you will enjoy 90 Day Fiancé. Watching people’s love stories unfold in real-time with the added pressure of only having 90 days to tie the knot is a recipe for entertainment. If you know who Big Ed is and have seen any clips from when he was on the show, you have the perfect exposure for the flavor of this reality series. It is somewhat lighthearted, yet entertaining. Each episode is about 45 minutes, thus it’s a good option if you have extra time to kill. You can find this title on Hulu. 

1. Pam and Tommy

If you are a fan of biographical dramas and Pamela Anderson, you will appreciate this limited series. This show follows Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee as it tells of the events of her private tape getting distributed to the public. From an analytical standpoint, you see how the feud between two men tragically affects a woman who was not involved, yet was targeted as a way to get revenge. This series stars Lily James who was cast as Young Donna in Mamma Mia 2. You can find this series on Hulu and can expect each episode to be about an hour long. 

1. Baby 

Any international series fans? This one is for you. Baby is an Italian teen drama that is inspired by the Baby Squillo case. This show follows two girls who get stuck in a minor prostitution ring. Due to the racy concept, the series gained a lot of criticism online as some viewers felt that this show glamorized teenage prostitution. I disagree because of where the characters ended up physically and emotionally after their experience. Regardless, this title was entertaining and satisfied my desire to watch a good teen drama. You can find this show on Netflix and expect each episode to be about an hour long. 

1. The White Lotus 

In the mood for something suspenseful, The White Lotus is exactly what you should watch. This dramedy follows a variety of resort goers as we are exposed to the problems that plague their relationships and family. As you watch this series there is a sense of impending doom between the bits of comedy; overall, a good balance between drama and comedic relief. If you are a fan of Sydney Sweeney or Jennifer Coolidge, I recommend watching this show. You can view this on HBO Max and expect each episode to be about an hour long. 

1. Curb Your Enthusiasm 

The comedic genius Larry David, who I am admittedly a huge fan of, crafts each episode to be entertaining and humorous. Following an elderly man who doesn’t have much regard for the social protocol others generally observe, we see many moments where there is no other choice but to laugh. This title is the most digestible out of the rest of my recommendations, and each episode is only 30 minutes long. You can find this series on HBOMax. 

Hello! I’m Maja Klein, a sophomore screenwriting major with a international relations double major. I’m so excited to be working with this group of wonderful ladies!