A Boho Girl’s Guide to Dressing for Fall in LA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Weather Report for the Week: Summer is back this fall to its natural temperature of an average 85 degrees because nothing describes a typically cold season more than hot weather and a hint of wind.

Now, it is my belief that it is possible for a woman to wear leopard print (or any animal print for that matter) without looking like a 20 year old hooker or a 40 year old cougar, so I have chosen to prove that point by assembling 5 outfits as usual combining a bit of jungle pride with a bohemian twist. The earthy browns, olives and rich dandelion yellows help keep it in the fall spectrum without all the layers, though tossing a jeans jacket wouldn’t hurt for any of these outfits if you’re feeling a slight chill. 

I will say though- these outfits definitely carry a bit more simplicity in true bohemian fashion. 

Side Note: To add a little more of an exotic, natural feel to the outfits, add a simple three-strand side-braid or a messy fishtail side-braid if you really want to get fancy.

Outfit #1: Black Open-Shoulder Sweater + Leopard Print Shorts + Black Booties

Outfit #2: Leopard Print Sweater + Black Shorts + Black Booties 

Outfit #3: Overalls + White Longsleeve Crop Top + White Leopard Print Card + Brown Booties

Outfit #4: Black Fringe Cropped Tank Top + Green Cargo Pants + Dandelion Leopard Print Scarf + Sandals

Outfit #5: Jeans Jacket + Leopard Print Velvet Dress + Woven Belt + Brown Booties

Want more ideas? The professional style not really your thing? Stick with me weekly for different outfits for your kind of style whether it be edgy, vintage, glamorous or anything else you can think of. You’ll never have to waste an hour of your day thinking about what to wear for the week any longer because all you’ll need to do is just click and scroll through my future updates.

By: Catheryn Mallari

Curator of film and media outside the scope of social media, hopeless romantic exploring the caveats of love with a passion for fashion (as adjusted to my version of it). If you really want to know me, just buy me a macarone (or two).   
A Cleveland, Ohio native, Kaitlin is a senior English Major at Loyola Marymount University.