This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

By: Kate Kanavas

Last Tuesday, I had the honor of attending a concert by the Indie pop band, Bleachers. Bleachers is the official stage name of Jack Antonoff, who previously was the guitarist for the band, Fun, before he decided to go solo. Bleachers has released two albums, Strange Desire in 2015 and Gone Now in 2017. The tour was promoting their newest album, Gone Now and the concert was held at the Fonda Theatre in Hollywood. I recently got into the band and was excited to go to the concert and see if they were as good live as they were on their albums.

I went to the concert with my roommate, Emily, and even though she didn’t know any of the songs– she thought it was one of the best concerts she had ever been to. The band was energetic and fun (no pun intended), and I didn’t sense a false note anywhere. Jack engaged with the audience by telling jokes and making sure that everyone had a good time.

Bleachers at the Fonda Theatre shot by Danielle Gornbein

I would 100% see Bleachers again and I encourage everyone to go see them, even if they are like Emily and don’t know any of the songs. If you want to get into Bleachers- I recommend these songs to start:

• “I Wanna Get Better”

• “Don’t Take the Money”

• “Rollercoaster”

• “Like a River Runs”

• “I Miss Those Days”

• “Wild Heart”

I am very glad I saw Bleachers in concert and I can for sure say that they are just as good live as on their albums!

Her Campus LMU