Best Places in LA to Score Cute Clothes Without Breaking the Bank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Melrose and Melrose Trading Post

Melrose has a variety of stores, and although some are pricey others offer inexpensive options. it is a great place to browse and find unique pieces from up and coming brands. Plus on Sundays 9 am-5 pm you can check out the Melrose Trading Post. This flea market is not only the perfect place to haggle on clothes but also furniture and other cool trinkets. It is a great place to spend the day since they also have a food court and live performances!

Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90046

Squaresville

Squaresville is a 2 story thrift store known for its seemingly endless supply of conversation starting pieces. If you are someone who likes to make a statement with your outfits this place is for you.

1800 N Vermont Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90027

LF Outlet

If you have ever been to an LF boutique you have probably had the experience of falling in love with a pair of rhinestone overalls only to find they are $180. At the LF outlet you can score super trendy pieces without the sticker shock. (P.S. Also keep your eye out for LF’s super secretive warehouse sales to score even greater discounts)

Locations:

Long Beach: 5229 E 2nd St, Long Beach, CA 90803,

Melrose: 7714 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90046

Studio City: 12322 Ventura Blvd, Studio City, CA 91604

Jet Rag

Jet Rag is another thrift store you could spend hours digging through. Jet rag boasts an extensive collection of unique items everything from leather jackets to vintage tees. However I recommend taking a trip there Sunday morning for their weekly $1 yard sale. Here you can sift through piles of clothes laid out front of the store. No doubt this process is overwhelming and time consuming but you may just find a gem that makes it all worth it. And at $1 per item you really can’t go wrong.

825 N La Brea Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90038

Fashion District- Santee Alley

The fashion district a bargain hunter’s dream. Most stores in this area offer wholesale prices to the general public. These prices are anywhere from 30-70% off the normal retail prices! Not to mention there are over 1,000 stores to check out, so grab a friend and spend the day indulging in some retail therapy.

Santee Alley, Los Angeles, CA 90015

Happy Thrifting! 

By: Allie Crawford

A Cleveland, Ohio native, Kaitlin is a senior English Major at Loyola Marymount University.