The Best Fall Festivities in SoCal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Malibu Farm Halloween (October 28)

Grab a friend and head on down the PCH to get your Halloween celebration on in Malibu! Here you’ll find free pumpkin carving and a petting zoo! Yes, that’s right, a petting zoo. Even more, enjoy some yummy eats by the one and only Malibu Farms, a farm-to-table cafe and restaurant at the Malibu Pier overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The restaurant is located near the start of the pier with full-service dining, including a menu for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, as well as a full bar with specialty cocktails. At the end of the pier, you’ll find the Cafe serving breakfast, small bites, salads, sandwiches, mains, dessert, and beverages. Malibu sets the perfect fall atmosphere with some cool breezes and a baby blue sky.

Mr Bones Pumpkin Patch (October 5-30)

The fall season is the season of pumpkins. Pumpkin spice, pumpkin pie, and of course, pumpkin patches. Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch is a family-owned and operated business that creates a spooky, fun, and kid-friendly space for all to celebrate the traditional side of Halloween. Located in Culver City, Mr. Bones brings to life the spirit of Halloween to Southern California. Here you’ll find tons of activities including a pumpkin village, pony rides, Tipi village, face painting, giant rocking horses, Mr. Bones’ super slide, petting zoo, straw maze, dancing spider bounce house, pumpkin decorating, live entertainment, and more! And if this isn’t enough for you, there’s food vendors every day including the Green Truck, one of my personal favorites, a #farmtotruck food truck that serves organic food and is solar powered. How cool?! The Tasty Truck will also be there, serving burgers, salads, and loaded fries. I’d say this place has it all and is for sure to get you into the Halloween spirit.

Oak Glen Orchards, Ranches, & Farms

Although Southern California is summer all-year-round with the pretty palm trees and laid back beach vibes, fear not! The oranges and reds of the fall season can be found here at the foothills of mountains known as Oak Glen. Pick some of your favorite apples like Gala, Granny Smith, Red Jonagold, and Fuji fresh off the tree at Riley’s Apple Farm and Los Rios Rancho while strolling in nature among the fall foliage with a view of green painted mountains. Los Rios Rancho also has wagon and hayrides, U-Press Cider to make your very own apple cider, and more. Checkout http://www.oakglen.net/Farms.html for more information on what Oak Glen has to offer like the Stone Soup Farm and Mom’s Country Orchard!

Knott’s Scary Farm 

For the thrill seekers, here you’ll find an old theme park transformed into scary mazes, haunted houses, and thrill rides. The night time atmosphere here is sure to give you nightmares.

Amanda is a freshman at LMU and is from Pennsylvania. She's a sunloving, travel enthusiast, foodie, yogi, and loves any and all things hawaiian. Check out her Instagram @alohabyamanda for food reviews, recipes, and daily inspiration!
Alison is a Senior Marketing major at Loyola Marymount University. She is also President of Her Campus at LMU and has been involved since her freshman year. She enjoys writing, running, going to the beach, and is always down for a cute brunch.