Best Doughnuts Near Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

If you have an intense love for doughnuts like myself, then I think you will find this doughnut guide to be very helpful. All of the following places are within 30 minutes of LMU. The doughnut shops are listed in order from closest to furthest.

Yum Yum Donuts – 8139 W Manchester Ave (9 mins away) 24 hours

Yum Yum is just right around the corner from LMU. It’s great for grabbing a quick coffee and doughnut before your class, or going in for midnight snacks. There are many locations across Los Angeles, but we are so lucky to have one right outside the back gates!

Randy’s Donuts – 805 W Manchester Blvd (15 mins away) 24 hours

Randy’s Donuts is my personal favorite. They have a huge selection of donuts and pastries, and even have a drive through. It is an iconic, old-fashioned building with a huge doughnut on the top, so you can’t miss it! My favorite doughnut they sell is the raspberry filled glazed. You MUST try this place!

Blue Star Donuts – 1142 Abbot Kinney Blvd (20 mins away) 8 AM -8 PM

Blue Star Donuts it a doughnut chain that has many locations, including one right down the road in Venice. When I went, I got the Blueberry doughnut, and it was to die for.

Cafe Gratitude – 512 Rose Ave (22 mins away) 8 AM – 10 PM

Cafe Gratitude is a sit down restaurant in Venice, but they have a bakery and sell outstanding vegan doughnuts. They have old fashioned chocolate and vanilla. These doughnuts will satisfy any vegan or non vegan.

Krispy Kreme – 1231 Wilshire Blvd (25 mins away) 6 AM – 10 PM

Of course I had to include Krispy Kreme. Krispy Kreme doughnuts are a classic. There is one in Santa Monica, and I recently had them delivered via Uber Eats.You can never go wrong with Krispy Kreme.