Best Disney Treats to Make Your Stomach the Happiest Place on Earth

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Disneyland really is the happiest place on earth, not just because of the characters, rides, and parades, but also because of the food! Disneyland has so many yummy treats that it’s impossible to go there and not feed your sweet tooth! I have developed some favorites over all the years I’ve gone to Disney and hope the treats I mention here will become some of your favorites too!

Mickey Mouse Shaped Beignets

Beignets are essential to any successful trip to Disneyland! They are light, fluffy, covered with powdered sugar, and shaped like Mickey! They are a perfect breakfast treat to be had with coffee or a great mid day pick me up! They can be found at the Mint Julep Bar in New Orleans Square in the Disneyland Park as well as at the Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney.

Churros

No churro is better than a Disneyland churro! I have at least one every day that I spend in Disneyland. They are always served warm and covered in lots of cinnamon sugary goodness! They can be found in both Disneyland and California Adventure and sometimes you’ll see the churro carts selling specialty churros. This time of year they are selling orange and purple churros in the Disneyland Park for Halloween. In the spring of this last year, they had the gold dusted churro that everyone raved about. Personally, I say you should just always go for the original churro. It really is the best one!

Mickey Mouse Shaped Waffles

This is my favorite Disneyland breakfast item but they can’t be found just anywhere! The Carnation Cafe on Main Street serves them at breakfast and so does the Plaza Inn. Other than that, they can be found in the Disneyland Hotels. I don’t know if it is just the shape that makes them so amazing but they are my favorite kind of waffle! I highly recommend trying them out for breakfast during your next Disney visit!

Frozen Chocolate and Peanut Covered Banana

This is what I get everytime I go to one of the ice cream carts at Disneyland. It is probably healthier than the other ice cream treats, or at least that’s how I justify eating them. It truly is a perfect combination of flavors and it tastes so good on a hot day in the park!

Popcorn

The majority of Disney’s best treats are sweet, but when you are craving a savory snack, popcorn is the way to go! During the day it’s nice to get cooled down with some ice cream but popcorn is a perfect snack for the evening time while watching parades and fireworks. It’s still buttery and delicious but doesn’t leave your fingers feeling all greasy like movie theater popcorn!

Sea Salt Caramel Quake Shake

Found only in the Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop in California Adventure, this delicious shake combines Ghirardelli chocolate, banana, sea salt, and caramel! It is my favorite treat to get at the Ghirardelli shop, located at the Pacific Wharf. It is the perfect mid day treat on a hot day at Disneyland!