“The Best Christmas Gift I Ever Received Was…”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

The holiday season is about more than just giving and receiving gifts, but sometimes the most memorable scenes we remember are finding those coveted gifts underneath the tree, menorah, or any holiday symbol associated with what you celebrate. Inspired after watching (and re-watching several times) this video, I wanted to share some of the HCLMU team’s favorite holiday memories and presents received. Happy Holidays!

My favorite present I got from my parents is a sewing machine! I went through a phase when I wanted to be a designer. Maybe I will actually have time to sew over break!

-Rachel Mullens, sophomore

The best gift I ever received were tickets to see Justin Bieber when I was in high school. It’s a gift I wouldn’t mind getting again.

-Lauren Sarberenyi, junior

My favorite Christmas present that I have received is a Jane-a-Day” 5-year journal. It’s essentially just a journal, and on the top of each page there are quotes from Jane Austen novels. It is something very close to my heart!  

-Gisella Joma, sophomore

My favorite gift was a trip to Arizona to see the Giants at Spring Training for the pre-season after they won the World Series in 2010!

-Katie Walsh, junior

My favorite gift was when my parents made one of my dreams come true by having all of us go to Botswana for a safari last Christmas.

-Conchita Widjojo, junior

My favorite gift was when my parents bought me an EnV2 cell phone when I was 11 years old. I freaked out!

-Cara Olson, freshman

My favorite present was my family’s puppy, Lucy! She is a puggle, and the love of my life.

-Anna Bybee, sophomore