Best Of: California Music Festivals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Coachella, 2014 (c/o Liz Burton)

BottleRock in Napa

May 29-31

BottleRock has the best lineup to date this year, and you won’t want to miss it.  The bigger names include Imagine Dragons, No Doubt, Snoop Dogg, Foster the People, Passion Pit, Cage the Elephant, Echosmith, and so many more.  Held in Napa, this music festival has amazing food and wine to offer on top of the great talents.  If you stick around town, you might bump into a few celebs at a winery or at the very cool shops.

Coachella in Indio

April 10-12 & 17-19

Dust off your flower crowns and get ready!  Coachella is the biggest concert event in SoCal, with hundreds of musicians playing amazing sets.  This year’s lineup will include Drake, David Guetta, Alesso, Florence + the Machine, ACDC, Hozier, Kaskade, and many more.

Country Summer in Santa Rosa

June 5-7

You’ll finally have a place to wear those super cute cowboy boots! You’ll blend right in at NorCal’s version of Stagecoach. The lineup this year is amazing, with relatively inexpensive general admission tickets.  Country Summer 2015’s lineup includes The Band Perry, Brantley Gilbert, Jake Owen, Trace Adkins, Easton Corbin, and Cassadee Pope.

Outside Lands in San Francisco

August 7-9

Even though Outside Lands hasn’t released their lineup yet, with previous years as any indication, it’s going to be an amazing weekend.  The hipster Bay Area presents some of music’s best acts, and there is no better place to appreciate them than the beautiful Golden Gate Park.

Stagecoach in Indio

April 24-26

Stagecoach is the best place to find amazing country music all in one place, so bring your cowboy hats and boots, and get ready!  This year’s lineup is a good mix of old and new. Country power-couple Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton, along with Tim McGraw, are just three of the awesome headliners for this special weekend.  Jake Owen, Parmalee, Dierks Bentley, Eli Young Band, Sara Evans, and The Band Perry will also rock the stage, assuring a good time to everyone who loves country music.

California Roots in Monterey

May 22-24

If you like listening to all different genres mixed together, then this music festival will be a good time for you.  These groups include Common Kings, Iration, The Roots, Dirty Heads, Trevor Hall and Soja.  Bonus: great music, and even greater views! Hello, Pacific Ocean!

Sierra Nevada World Music Festival in Boonville

June 19-21

This festival is on the smaller side, as Mendocino County isn’t exactly a common musical destination, but that doesn’t stop great bands from coming.  Common Kings make an appearance, along with Thievery Corporation, The Mighty Diamonds, Big Youth, Jesse Royal, and more to be announced soon.  This is a great weekend to camp out and meet some other music lovers in a rural setting.

Outside Lands, 2014 (c/o Liz Burton)