Best 5 Vegan-Vegetarian Friendly Restaurants near LMU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

As a vegan person, there are so little options in LMU. That’s why, I am here to give some recommendations of my favorite vegan friendly restaurants near LMU!

1. Café Gratitude Venice

Café Gratitude a vegan only restaurant, and everything is really tasty. You have to try the pancakes and the granola bowls. Also, there is a different concept in this restaurant: you order your food with saying “I am..” and order the thing you want. It makes you feel powerful and strong!

1. The Butcher’s Daughter

In my opinion, this is the best brunch hangout on Abbot Kinney. There are pizzas, pistachio pesto lasagna, and a mushroom tempura po’ boy, pastas and everything you can imagine. Also, their chai tea is amazing! This place is so L.A.

1. Sage Plant Based Bistro

I went to this place for my friend’s birthday and WOW! The desserts were to die for. The service is rapid. If you go here, try the kelp noodle salad. It is light, refreshing, has lots of veggies, and great tofu that is lightly fried. Also, the cauliflower buffalo sauce pizza (feeds 2 comfortably) is a great option too. It was probably one of the tastiest pizzas I’ve had. 

1. Great White

If you want to go for breakfast, this is the place for it. Great White has Great Blue Smoothie Bowls and avocado toasts. However, the Blue Smoothie Bowl is definitely the best option. The smoothie is lightly sweet and deeply refreshing. It’s aquamarine algae blended with passionfruit, banana and pineapple. The bowl is filled out with seasonal fruit like blueberries and strawberries with hemp seeds, chia and house-made granola. Not only is this meal vegan but it’s gluten free too!

1. LA Vegan

LA Vegan has diverse range of food, from Mediterranean to Thai. The food is all vegan and really healthy. If you love dumplings, try this place. The Kung Pao with Seitan is so delicious. Also, the Orange Chicken! I can’t say a word. This place is an absolute must!

I am looking forward to trying Sustainabowl, a vegetarian-friendly place to go near LMU. They have a lot of different kinds of oatmeal and granola and warm bowls. This is definitely the next stop on my vegetarian food tour!

I am Deniz Oncel and I major in biochemistry as a pre-med in LMU. I love reading, writing about health, fashion, and fitness. I was a professional ice-skater when I was young and I always love trying out new sports as a way of developing myself.