This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

When it comes to skincare product recommendations, it’s nearly impossible to avoid brands that have been people’s holy grails or tried-and-true. Cerave and The Ordinary, I’m looking at you! This is not to say that these lines are terrible. In reality, they aren’t at all and they’re pretty amazing depending on what product(s) you choose. But sometimes, good ol’ Cerave and The Ordinary just won’t satisfy my curiosity for trying out newer and perhaps even better products! 

The INKEY List

In the world of skincare, it’s difficult to choose between the INKEY List and The Ordinary because of their similarities in prices, ingredients, and quality (however, I’ve personally always preferred the INKEY List). The INKEY List has a wide array of products ranging from cleansers to serums and much more. Many of their products target specific skin types and concerns, all produced with quality ingredients at amazing prices. 

Additionally, a perk of the INKEY List is their detailed instructions of each product, with how to layer or pair them and when they should be used in the day. And if you’re still unsure, you can always count on the INKEY List team to help you out through their website or their Instagram! 

Popular products include the Oat Cleansing Balm, its Hyaluronic Serum, and the Salicylic Acid Cleanser (which is almost always sold out, so if you get your hands on one, you’re lucky)! Their products can be found at Sephora or on their website. 

KraveBeauty

KraveBeauty, a Korean skincare line, was launched in 2017 by skincare Youtuber, Liah Yoo. With only five products in their line, KraveBeauty aims at just getting your skin the essentials with no extra fluff! Perfect for people looking to start a skincare routine or for those wanting to start on a clean slate, KraveBeauty was practically made for you!

Of their five products, each of them are unique in function and ingredients. Each of their products are packed with quality ingredients and antioxidants, perfect for various skin types and concerns. Whether it’s their simple yet effective cleanser or their super serum made to target various concerns, KraveBeauty has definitely made its way to the skincare world in as little as five years. 

Besides their ultra cute packaging, the brand also promotes sustainability. KraveBeauty aims to lessen its carbon footprint and gives its consumers the opportunity as well through its recyclable packaging and the option to opt for a carbon-free shipping method. 

Fan favorites include The Beet Shield Sunscreen and the Matcha Hemp Hydrating Cleanser! Their products can be found exclusively on their website. 

Hero Cosmetics

Hero Cosmetics, like KraveBeauty, is another Korean skincare line also founded in 2017. The ultimate product from this line has to be the Mighty Patch, a.k.a, the OG. 

These are hydrocolloid stickers perfect for spot treating zits and preventing picking! There are several Mighty Patches to choose from, whether that is for the annoying whitehead zits or the painful blind pimple. Just pop one on in the day or night and you’re good to go! 

While the company’s focus has been on the Mighty Patch for quite some time now, they recently launched the Clear Collective, a trio of products aimed at acne-prone or problem skin. It includes a cleanser, toner, and a moisturizer, all unique in their own way.  Many of their products can be found at Target and on their website. 

Versed

Versed is unique, advertising itself as the “cleanest drugstore skincare brand.” And I can’t help but agree more! Versed has so many different products to choose from for a wide variety of issues and skin types. Many of their products have amazing ingredients and are gentle enough for people with sensitive skin. Acne? Aging? Dullness? Dryness? Versed has got you covered! 

Besides its wide array of products, their packaging is super duper cute and also sustainable! Versed takes the environment seriously, through packaging and ingredients. The company recently released their 2021 Sustainability Report to showcase their efforts and goals in the future. 

With Versed, it is so difficult to single out its best sellers, but just know that the Just Breathe Clarifying Serum has been a game changer for me! Their products can be found at Target and on their website. 

The world of skincare is a confusing one and navigating through it can be an incredible feat. However, hopefully these skincare lines can guide you through your journey and be a beacon of hope to help you achieve your skincare dream! 

Vivian is a junior majoring in journalism. She was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. In her free time, you will often find her watching sitcoms, crocheting, reading, or scrolling through Twitter for the best memes.
Rylie Walsh is a recent graduate of Loyola Marymount University, where she earned her degree in Communication Studies and English! She was President of Her Campus LMU for the 2021-22 school year and is also a Her Campus National Writer. When she's not reading, writing, or working, you can find her hanging out with friends, SoulCycling, or enjoying her all time favorite dessert: a Pressed freeze.