This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Fall is officially here! Although LA climate tends to not fluctuate very much, it is now the time to start searching for this seasons most stylish pieces. Affordable brands have already started to pick up on the runway styles.So girl, don’t even worry about budgeting for thousand dollar outfits this fall! I’ve found plenty of affordable versions for 9 fall fashion trends.

1. Ankle Booties

This style isn’t much of a new trend to the fall fashion world, but the twist that designers are taking on it are up and coming. Yes the standard black bootie will always be poopin, but this year try to go for a snake skin pattern or a crisp white leather bootie that will catch peoples’ eyes. Brands like Aldo, Public Desire, and Steve Madden are carrying the trendy shoes in their fall collections.

2. White

Yes, you can absolutely wear it after Labor Day. White was all over the runways of Valentino and Victoria Beckham this year at New York Fashion Week and is now hopping on the shelves of Missguided and Pretty Little Thing. Any piece of clothing can be white and follow the trend this fall including blazers (spoiler alert, another trend), shoes, coats, and tops.

3. Leopard Print

Kylie Jenner posed is a beautiful Rat & Boa dress this past summer and the trend seemed to explode over night. Instead of paying over $100 for Kylie’s dress, you can find similar alternatives at Forever 21.

4. Blazers

My fashion icon, Genelle Seldon, has been sporting these the past couple of weeks and although it wasn’t as popular on the fashion runway in New York, street style gurus are picking it up fast. If you want to go for a higher end blazer definitely check out Revolve. But for those who are looking for a more affordable option, again websites like Missguided and Forever 21 are carrying multiple styles of blazers.

5. Neon

80s fashion will forever haunt us, but thanks to celebrities like the Kardashians and Jenners the bright colors that filled American closets 40 years ago are coming back. NYFW showed us mens and womens neon pieces thanks to Louis Vuitton and Prada. But for the average girl we are seeing the affordable versions of this trend on Fashion Nova’s website and on Sorella’s website (also in stores on Melrose Ave).

6. Cargo Pants

The uncomfortable skinny jeans are out and loose cargo pants are in. So head to your local army surplus store to pick some of these up because yes those I.AM.GIA pants are cute but spending $130 on one pair may not be to you. Fashion Nova carries numerous styles too.

7. Shearling

Maybe too heavy for LA at the moment but the trend in it self is still cute and as winter approaches we may be able to sport the look more often. Stella McCartney, Calvin Klein, and Givenchy all debued the look on the runway recently and thankfully brands like Missguided are filling their fall collection with the coat style.

8. “Ugly” Sneakers

Also known as the Dad shoe, these sneakers have been on trend for the past few months and are only going to become more popular as brands like Chanel and of course Balenciaga continue to design new styles of them. File carries some styles that are currently trending.

9. Biker Shorts

I 100% live for this trend and have all summer. I can’t wait to pair some some of these with blazers to accentuate even more trends this fall. This is definitely more of a street style trend but nonetheless it is fabulous. Good places to pick some of these trendy shorts is Fashion Nova and PrettyLittleThing, both carry very affordable styles.

I'm from the Bay Area, a part of Northern California. I am in love with fashion, beauty, and lifestyle topics and constantly watch YouTube videos on the matter. My dream in life is to be on the marketing team of Teen Vogue. I'm currently a freshmen at LMU and can't wait to explore LA for the next four years.