This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

While you could shop on fast fashion sites like Shein, Urban Outfitters, or even Old Navy for tie-dye, supporting smaller, sustainable, and ethical shops brings more meaning to the pieces you buy. All of the shops listed below not only offer a variety of sizes and colors, but also garment types.

Bleached Tie Dye

Bleached Tie Dye is based in LA and hopes to “empower, support, and connect” through their clothing. They offer clothing from sizes small to 3x, which range from sweatsuits, tanks, activewear, and even a youth collection.

Campbell and Kramer

Campbell and Kramer has been circulating around social media by many influencers wearing colorful tie-dye and reworked pieces. The small shop that describes their items as “laid-back clothing for the eco-conscious consumer” is said to release new tie-dye colors in a few weeks!

Colortone Shop

Colortone is an affordable Etsy shop that specializes in swirl tie-dye and offers t-shirts, sweatshirts, and hoodies.

Desert Dreamer

Desert Dreamer believes in thoughtful processes and designs, as well as promoting individuality. The company uses recycled materials in many of its garments. Although the company does not focus completely on tie-dye, they do have many sweatshirts, t-shirts, sweatshorts, and sweatpants that pair tie-dye designs with catchy slogans, images, and cartoons!

Dyed Designs Shop

Dyed Designs from Boston is another Etsy shop that offers a wide range of items from doggie bandanas and baby onesies to cropped and uncropped sweaters. Check them out for a pleasing array of pastel colors!

Leah Kirsch

Leah Kirsch has earned prominence as U.S. representative AOC has been consistently photographed wearing her tie-dyed and silk face masks. Shop here for one of a kind tie-dyed sweatsuits and even face masks. Lingerie, such as panties, bralettes, and bodysuits will premiere on the site on February 4th!

Shop Original Customs

Based in Palm Springs, this Instagram shop has a multitude of colors and options laid out in its highlights. Browse their feed to pick out your next tie-dye set! Direct message them to be added to a six week waitlist.

Tiedyefor

Tiedyefor is a tie-dye clothing and accessories company from New Jersey that was started at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. Their tie-dye clothing options include crewnecks, hoodies, sweatpants, and pajamas in which you can choose your preferred color variations and designs or even choose to add a patch. While they offer sizes S-XL, any other size can be requested.

Marieann is a second year student at Loyola Marymount in Los Angeles. She is a Spanish major and pursuing a teaching credential. As a native to LA, she loves to visit picturesque places and try new restaurants (sometimes the same yummy ones). Marieann loves creating content, both graphics and creative pieces. She loves fashion and has her own small, handmade jewelry business!
Her Campus LMU