Today marks the first night of Hanukkah, an 8-day long Jewish holiday celebrating the Jews overcoming the Syrian-Greeks who took over their Holy Temple. The modern day celebration involves gifts and greasy treats. Here, the 5 best things about the celebration.
(1) Eight nights of celebration means more presents, right?
(2) You’re not the only one who doesn’t know how to actually spell Hannukah (Chanukkah?).
(3) Fried potatoes! Need we say more?
(4) Adam Sandler’s “Hanukkah Song” might actually make you fall on the floor laughing.
(5) As if latkes weren’t enough, dessert always consists of jelly donuts.