brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Instagram Ready LA Restaurants

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Everyone in Los Angeles is on the hunt for one thing: the perfect food Instagram. The problem with this is that while some food makes for the perfect picture, it isn’t as yummy to eat as you might have hoped. I’ve curated a list of the most Instagramable restaurants that are actually worth the hype.

Alfred Coffee and Tea

The iconic pink shops home to the #10DollarMatcha are probably my first choice for an iconic food gram. Between the pretty pink walls and the aesthetic coffee sleeves, these drinks were made to be photographed, but I would still come to Alfred even if they weren’t. With shops in Brentwood, Silverlake, Melrose, Koreatown, Beverly Hills, and Studio City, chances are you’ll have the opportunity to stop by and snap a pic soon.

What to Order: Yummiest: Iced Chai Latte

Most Photogenic: Thai Iced Tea with Boba

Eggslut

With neon signage, yummy breakfast sandwiches, and locations in DTLA, Venice, Glendale, and West LA, Eggslut is essential to recovering from a night out. It’s also a great excuse to eat breakfast for any meal of the day.

What to Order: Yummiest: The Fairfax

Most Photogenic: The Slut

Malibu Farms

A shabby chic farmhouse aesthetic that lends itself to both foodgrams and personal photo shoots, along with a menu full of delicious options (including an abundance of vegan and gluten free choices) set Malibu Farms apart from the plentiful dining options in Malibu.

What to Order: Yummiest: Cauliflower Crust “Pizza”

Most Photogenic: Grilled Salmon Kale Nicoise Salad

Sprinkles

The original cupcake bakery, you can’t go wrong with a Sprinkles cupcake for a special occasion (or Instagram post). Locations at Figueroa, the Americana, the Grove, and in Beverly Hills make it the perfect snack while running errands. Sprinkles is also famous for its Cupcake ATM, AKA the cure for your late-night sugar cravings.  

What to Order: Yummiest: Red velvet cupcake

Most Photogenic: Sprinkles Sundae

Gracias Madre

Gracias Madre is cute, unsuspecting Melrose hotspot with fantastic service and incredibly flavorful (vegan) food. It’s one of my favorite restaurants and is the perfect place to meet up in LA because Gracias Madre has options for all types of diets.

What to Order: Yummiest: Crispy Potato Chorizo Taco

Most Photogenic: Bowl Tres

Jon And Vinny’s

Is there anything better than Italian food that photographs well? Jon and Vinny’s has an adorable, home-y atmosphere and some of the best pizza and desserts in town.

What to Order: Yummiest: “All Hale Black Kale”

Most Photogenic: “The Margherita”

HealthNut  

HealthNut has become somewhat synonymous with the Kardashians, but their salads have been have been a Calabasas favorite since 1988. A perfect place to pick up lunch if you find yourself in the Valley, but don’t be afraid to try out their new 25 mile delivery radius!

What to Order: Yummiest: The Deluxe

Most Photogenic: The Organic Quinoa

If You’re Keeping Up With The Kardashians: The Chinese Chicken

Porto’s

I could write an entire essay about how much I love Porto’s, but I’ll spare you and just say that their food (especially their cheese roll pastries) is life changing.

What to Order: Yummiest: I can’t pick, but know that anything you order is going to be delicious

Most Photogenic: Smoothies, Cheese Rolls

Maya is an LA native studying political science at Loyola Marymount University. She loves dogs, iced coffee, and Dodger baseball.