7 Exciting Involvements at LMU and How to Apply

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Everyone knows joining clubs and organizations is a great way to get to know people and develop your personal and professional skills, however the options can be overwhelming. There are different resources and deadlines that you may not even be aware of until they pass you by, so in order to make the most of the rest of your semester, summer, and the upcoming school year, I thought i would compile a list of a number of cool opportunities at LMU so you won’t miss out!

1. Join Student Government

The ASLMU elections committee is holding two more info sessions for people who may be interested in running for president/vice president or senate. ASLMU is a great way to get involved on campus and offers students a unique privilege to represent their peers. Check out the ASLMU website to learn more about all the senate positions you can apply for, including the constituency based ones. All candidates must attend one of these sessions if they plan on declaring candidacy, they will take place on  February 26th 3:30-4:45PM and February 27th 4-5:15PM. 

2. Become a summer orientation leader

If you want to help welcome new LMU students to the bluff being an orientation leader or coordinator is the perfect way to do that and make a ton of new friends in the process. Info sessions for the August orientation team are being held from March 12, 2018 to March 16, 2018 check out this LEO page for more info!

3. Start or join a registered student organization

The RSO open enrollment application will be March 13-26 and the application form can be found here!

4. Look into studying abroad

If you are considering going abroad for the summer or a semester its never too early to visit the study abroad website or office to ask questions and get more information about the different programs and financial aid available. 

5. Find a cool internship

Career and Professional Development is a great place to start your search for the perfect summer internship, applications for summer start around spring break so now is the perfect time to stop by to get help with a resume, cover letter, and finding more openings on Handshake.

6. Do some service

Check out Campus Ministry and the Center for Service and Action to find ways to help your community or participate in an immersion trip.

7. Check LEO for more opportunities

LMU EXP Online (LEO) has a calendar of events and so many postings from different organizations, whether you are wanting to join or just check out an event, its a great spot to see what is going on around campus and take advantage of every opportunity!