This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

1. Pumpkin Spiced Everything

I’m pretty sure there’s got to be magic involved, because as soon as the first day of fall begins, the smell of pumpkin spice and cinnamon seems to appear everywhere. Suddenly, hand soaps are pumpkin spiced, stores radiate the aroma of cinnamon, and coffee shops seem to ooze the scent of pumpkin spice lattes around the block. Unless you have some kind of pumpkin allergy (which I am very sorry about), you’ve got to admit, the smells are pretty delicious all season long.  

2. Sweater Weather

Goodbye shorts and endless tank tops…hello sweaters! Fall marks the beginning of an incredible fashion season, offering the opportunity to take advantage and show off your personal style. So, start digging up your sweaters, scarves, and boots, and get rock those furry sweaters, coats, and knee-high boots.  

3. Fall Nail Colors

With fall comes the opportunity to paint your nails all kinds of fall-colors including: dark reds, deep purples, browns, and even black. Not saying you don’t have permission to rock these colors during other times of the year, however there’s something quite pleasing about matching your nails to the beautiful deep orange and red leaves on the ground.  

4. T.V. Shows Get Really Good

Along with fall, comes all kinds of new television seasons, and movies to watch. Ever heard of This is Us? Or Grey’s Anatomy? If you haven’t, stop what you are doing and start watching these shows ASAP. Warning: you won’t get any homework or studying done, but at least you’ll be all caught up for these new seasons this fall.  

5.  So Many Desserts

I love desserts all year long, however for some reason, I always feel way less guilty about indulging in a cinnamon muffin for breakfast during fall. Plus, you’ve got way more delectable options, such as Halloween Oreos, pumpkin breads, pumpkin Halo Top ice cream, and so much more this list can literally go on forever. Sorry if I made you hungry.  

6. Pumpkin Spiced Lattes

Need I say more? If you haven’t already had a dozen of this pure perfection, please go out and treat yourself as soon as possible. Plus, it’s a great homework snack.  

7. HALLOWEEN

And of course, the absolute best thing about fall? Halloween of course! And no, you are most definitely not too old to wear a costume. And yes, you can still eat all the candy you want. Pass the Twix please.  

Just an endlessly energetic young woman who loves a good romance novel, thinks teacup pigs are absolutely adorable, and firmly believes that chocolate can be eaten at any time of the day.
Alison is a Senior Marketing major at Loyola Marymount University. She is also President of Her Campus at LMU and has been involved since her freshman year. She enjoys writing, running, going to the beach, and is always down for a cute brunch.