Style > Beauty

6 Quick Beauty Products to use to Look Less Dead at your 8AM

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

We’ve all been there…you ignored your alarm and stayed in bed for way too long, and now you’re going to be terribly late for your class. You need to get ready quickly, but don’t want to look like a mess who just rolled out of bed (even if that’s exactly how you feel).

I present to you 6 beauty products (affordable and high end) that don’t take as much time as doing a full face of makeup, but still make you look put together and awake!

1. MOISTURIZER

Your skin needs to be pampered, especially in the mornings! Using an oil- free moisturizer will bring some life and color back into your skin, which is essential if you’ve been up late cramming for midterms. Get one with SPF too so your skin is protected from the blazing sun during this heat wave.

Affordable option: Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer with SPF 15 ($7)

High-end option: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion ($27)

2. PORE FILLING PRIMER

Pore filling primers are the best trick to make it look like you have soft, radiant skin. It gives your complexion a smooth finish and takes 10 seconds to put on!

Affordable option: NYX Pore Filler ($14)

High-end option: Benefit Cosmetics POREfessional Primer ($31)

3. CONCEALER

A busy girl’s best friend. Concealer was made for those days when you need to run out the door but don’t have enough time for foundation! Dab it on your acne or dark circles to brighten up your face and give you some coverage. If you don’t have enough time to deal with this, look at #4!

Affordable option: Maybelline Fit Me Concealer ($5)

High-end option: Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer ($30)

4. POWDER FOUNDATION

Powder foundation is the way to go if you want the fastest way to get a medium-full coverage. It’s so essential on those days you need to run to class! Get a mattifying one so you don’t feel the need to touch up all day.

Affordable option: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder ($4)

High-end option: BareMinerals Bare Pro Powder Foundation ($30)

5. EYELINER

Now, I know what you’re thinking. NO ONE has time for eyeliner in the mornings. Or ever. But I’m not talking about your typical winged eyeliner that takes at least 20 minutes and 5 makeup wipes every time you do it. I’m talking about pencil/gel eyeliner! Tightlining your eyes, is the same as putting eyeliner your water line, but instead on top, where your lashes are. It seems scary to do it first, but it brightens up your eyes so much and makes your lashes look thicker! Curl your lashes with an eyelash curler and you’re good to go!

Affordable option: Revlon Colorstay Eye Liner ($4)

High-end option: Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner ($25)

6. TINTED LIP BALM

A tinted lip balm can do more for you then you realize. It will bring some color into your face, moisturize your lips and put your whole 5 minute look together.

Affordable option: Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer ($5)

High-end option: Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment ($24)