This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Who wants to try something fresh for a new start? If you are vegan or not, this is a great way to make a better world. Nothing needs to be tested on animals. There are a lot of brands that do cruelty free and vegan products, which is better for environment. Don’t you want to feel great inside by not killing animals? You will save thousands of animals, which will not die in pain. There is no need for animals to die for our own sakes. In this article, I am giving you my own experiences of mascaras with some of the brands and will list a lot of great brands that you can find in stores for every budget. For me, mascara is the most important makeup item because it changes the whole look. If you are looking for a lengthening but also volumizing mascara, that is also vegan, keep reading!

But first let’s clear up some terms, vegan doesn’t mean cruelty-free. At first I thought they were the same however, they are not. Vegan means no animal ingredients used and cruelty-free means there is no animal testing.

Too Faced Better Than Sex

This mascara is the best of best in my opinion. It doesn’t clump up and it does everything I want from a mascara. This mascara has stiffer bristles and a thick formula, as well as an hourglass-shaped brush that coats all, but really all your lashes giving so much length and volume. You can get these in Sephora for $23.

Tarte Lights Camera Lashes

It promises to lengthen, volumize by 330%, curl, and condition your lashes. You can get it from Sephora for $22.

Pacifica Aquarian Gaze    

The waterproof formula is long-lasting, and the wand helps to lengthen, separate, and build volume. This is a natural mineral mascara that’s also vegan. It is only $14 at  Ulta .

ELF Mineral Infused Mascara

I mean, it’s only $3 and it gives you “fuller, healthier-looking lashes” and uses a silicone brush to eliminate clump. This is the winner in my opinion.  You can get it from ELF.com

Milk Makeup Ubame Mascara

This is a cruelty free but also a 74% natural mascara, which is made from ubame oak and natural polysaccharides. With these ingredients, it builds a nice dark coverage that lasts all day. You can get it from Sephora for $24.

Too Cool For School Dinoplatz Escalator Mascara

This cruelty-free mascara is customizable. If you want to curl your lashes, simply adjust the dial on the mascara wand for a long, thin brush. Also, if you want more volume, turn the dial to reveal a shorter, thicker brush. You can get it from Sephora for $25.

I am Deniz Oncel and I major in biochemistry as a pre-med in LMU. I love reading, writing about health, fashion, and fitness. I was a professional ice-skater when I was young and I always love trying out new sports as a way of developing myself.
Alison is a Senior Marketing major at Loyola Marymount University. She is also President of Her Campus at LMU and has been involved since her freshman year. She enjoys writing, running, going to the beach, and is always down for a cute brunch.