samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

5 Ways to Combat the Sunday Scaries

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Do you ever get that feeling of dread upon the realization that you have to go back to school after a long weekend full of partying and cramming for the school week ahead? …That, my friends, would be the Sunday Scaries. However, Sundays don’t have to be a day wasted nursing your hangover or being paralyzed by stressing out over the upcoming week. They can actually be very productive without being exhausting! Here are some tips for making Sundays your favorite day of the week. 

Always Be Prepared!

The best way to make sure you don’t get sick or have a hangover is to prevent it. So, take care of yourself on Saturday! Take a midday nap if you know it’s going to be a long night. Eat a heavier meal before you go out. Keep hydrated and drink water all night. from the pregame to right before you go to bed. Don’t forget to take off your makeup, either.  Make sure your kitchen is stocked with Gatorade, Emergen-C, and ibuprofen for the next morning that way you won’t have to haul you and your hungover self to CVS the next morning. 

Forget Future: Mask On

My current favorite self-care habit is double-masking and I firmly believe there’s no better time to do so than on Sunday. Your skin is most likely suffering from the long week including late nights spent at the library, days basking in LA’s famous smog, and exposure to frat house’s hazardous environments. I love this eye mask from Que Bella, which at $2.99 for 3 pairs is an absolute steal, although I can assure you that they work better than some high-end masks that I’ve tried. Some other favorites include this detoxifying face mask from LUSH that helps downplay redness, this super hydrating mask from Glossier, and this sheet mask bundle from Peach and Lily. 

Let’s Get Physical! 

I know, I know. The idea of getting out of bed before noon after being out until 3 am seems like torture. As someone who has wanted to go back in time to yell at past me for booking a 9:30 class after getting back to my dorm at 5:30, I completely understand. However, I promise you that you will feel so much better and prepared to take on the day after you work out. I always manage to get myself out of bed by promising myself that if after class I still feel miserable, I can always go back to bed, and somehow that hardly ever happens. There’s truly nothing like a cancellation fee/lost class credit to get you up and nothing like exercise endorphins to keep you out of bed. 

Make Monica Geller Proud

As a kid, I always considered Monica Geller and Danny Tanner clean freaks, but now I completely understand — there’s nothing like a clean house. It’s almost therapeutic to put on a good podcast and clean my house. Plus, your roommates will love you for doing your chores!

Schedule Your Week

I am a big list person. Most of my Sunday stress comes from anxiety regarding the upcoming week. I love sitting down on Sunday night and going over my calendar, reminding myself of appointments that I forgot about, upcoming assignments, work shifts, meetings, and social plans. Scheduling out everything that needs to get done within the upcoming week, despite the fact that it might not stay that way, helps to crush the feeling that I just don’t have enough time. 

I hope you take some of these tips into consideration! Have a happy Sunday! You’re going to crush this week, I just know it! ?

Maya is an LA native studying political science at Loyola Marymount University. She loves dogs, iced coffee, and Dodger baseball. 
Her Campus LMU