cdc n3mn7IgtwS4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
cdc n3mn7IgtwS4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Unsplash

5 Tips for Planning Your Spring Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

As midterm season finally starts coming to an end and Halloweekend passes us, it’s time to accept that we already have to start planning for next semester. Deciding how you’re going to spend your semester can be a daunting task – after all, staying on track with classes and building your resume can be a hard thing to balance. Consider these tips to make your transition into next semester a little bit easier.

1. Use your Capp report

It’s pretty easy to get carried away considering all the interesting and unique classes you could take next semester. But, if you want to graduate on time, make sure you are also working away at the classes you are supposed to take. Use the looking ahead feature to consider how your class selections will affect your progress moving forward.

2. Consider your commitments

Are you in the student body senate or on your sororities’ board? Remember that all your co curriculars will take some time out of your semester. While of course prioritizing academics is essential, if you are president of three clubs this semester you may want to consider waiting to take that 5000 class.

3. Use an online schedule maker

Programs like free online schedule maker and coursicle allow you to create a visual schedule before your registration. Take a look at how long you’re scheduling yourself to be on campus, if you have time to eat or if you even have time to walk from Seaver to Uhall.

4. Research your classes

You’ve probably heard of rate my professor, but your professor isn’t the only thing that will affect your progress. Is the class discussion or lecture based? Will you be writing papers or taking exams? Think about what type of class you excel in, and choose wisely.

5. Think about your off campus life now

Are you applying for a new job, or maybe an exclusive internship? There’s no reason to leave this until winter break. Start doing some research and you might find some great opportunities have applications due sooner than you think.

Put some thought into next semester, but try your best not to stress yourself out. Enjoy the end of this semester and the upcoming holiday season!