5 Things To Be Excited About This December

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

It’s finally the most wonderful time of the year! The time of the year dedicated to family, friends, and everything peppermint flavored. Even though we live in Los Angeles where a white Christmas is a mere fantasy, we still have plenty of great things to get us in the holiday spirit.

1. The Christmas Tree

The first thing to be excited about in December is the giant, beautiful Christmas tree in U-Hall. To me, this makes the long walk there a little less painful. They also put up a couple wreaths in U-Hall as well.

2. The Den’s Decorations

Just when we thought the den couldn’t get any more cozy and welcoming, they bless us with a beautiful winter wonderland complete with icicle lights and a little tree. It’s so comforting to just relax in the den and drink a hot chai while listening to christmas music.

3. Giving Gifts

Regardless of which holidays or traditions you celebrate during December, everyone understands the magical feeling of giving someone the perfect gift. It’s such a rewarding way of showing your appreciation and love for the people in your life.

4. Snow?!

I know it doesn’t snow in LA, but during the holiday break many of us travel home or go on vacation. I’m from the Bay Area so every winter break my family and I go to my grandma’s cabin in Pinecrest. We go skiing, sledding, and relax by the fire with some hot chocolate.

5. CHRISTMAS!

On this beautiful December day family and friends gather to eat good food, listen to holiday music, exchange gifts, and appreciate each other’s company. This is my favorite part of the month because the countdown is finally over and we get a full day of happiness and joy. All the excitement leading up to this day explodes in a shower of love and affection for the people around you.