Wellness

5 Songs to Put You In a Better Mood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Music can be the most influential mood changer, and oftentimes make you feel a certain way based off of the sounds and words of the songs. Music has an extraordinary range: sad songs, dance songs, calming songs, but best of all, happy songs. Happy songs are my favorite because they are so uplifting and positive. They cause a warm feeling inside that makes you feel an overwhelming sense of love and positivity while listening to them! I have so many songs that do this for me that I even made a playlist that consists of about 4 hours worth of songs that improve my mood, however, here are my top five favorite happy songs ☺:

“The Sound of Sunshine” by Michael Franti & Spearhead

“Good Time” by Owl City

“Riptide” by Vance Joy

“Island in the Sun” by Weezer

“Here Comes the Sun” by The Beatles

I hope you enjoyed those suggestions and are inspired to create your own happy playlist, because at the end of the day, who doesn’t want to be happy?! ☺

Isabella (or as most people call her- Izzy) is a Marketing major at LMU. Her family and friends are the most important things in her life. She is very passionate on trying new things and traveling. She loves the adventure of finding a new food places or new trendy clothes places.
Alison is a Senior Marketing major at Loyola Marymount University. She is also President of Her Campus at LMU and has been involved since her freshman year. She enjoys writing, running, going to the beach, and is always down for a cute brunch.