5 Reasons Why You Should Go to the Playa Vista Farmer’s Market

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Image via What’s Up Playa Vista

1. The Fun

Grab a group of friends and walk, bike or run down to the farmer’s market. It is a little over a mile away from campus, but by the time you and your friends exchange stories about your Friday night you will be at the farmer’s market!

2. The Scenery

Playa Vista is like a utopia. It is the cutest neighborhood and has everything a college girl needs: a Coffee Bean and Pinkberry. It’s also so nice to just walk around the park and enjoy a break from campus while admiring all the adorable families on their Saturday morning walks.

3. The Breakfast

There are so many different food vendors that will satisfy your Saturday morning cravings. There’s everything from sweet and savory crepes to healthy breakfast burritos, to freshly baked muffins and croissants

4. The Produce

All the fruits and vegetables are amazing, and the vendors have samples! Stocking up on fruit for the week is a great way to eat local, organic, and healthy.

5. The Hummus, Nut Butter and Everything Else

The farmer’s market is a wonderful place to stock up on snack food for your dorm room. There is a hummus stand that has a great selection of flavors. Compliment the hummus with the freshly baked pita bread and pita chips! If you are an almond butter addict or just crazy about nuts, you must get some gourmet nut butter. If you have a sweet tooth for cupcakes (who doesn’t?), definitely check out the cupcake stand with a delicious array of cupcakes.