This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.
Road Trips

What’s better than getting in car with your family or friends, rolling down the windows, and blasting classic road trip tunes? That’s right, nothing. Summer is the time when we can go anywhere and do anything, but sometimes that can be hard. That’s why road trips are the best! You can drive one or seven hours away from your hometown and have the summer of a lifetime.

Spontaneous Beach Trips

Summer–it’s that time of the year where you are constantly sunburnt, the seats in your car are covered in sand, and parking at the beach is an absolute mess. You are constantly at the beach, and if you aren’t, well, then you should be.

Fairs & Amusement Parks

Yes, the lines will be long. Yes, you are going to overpay for bottled water because it’ll be 100 degrees out. But yes, amusement parks and fairs are what summer is all about. Live out that cliche from every movie you see and go with your friends to that fair in the summer. Go to that amusement park you’ve thought of as the best place to be as a kid. Go and do things because that’s what summer is for.

Seeing Old Friends

Now that we’re in college, breaks are much needed more than ever before. No, it’s not because some of us may enjoy the fact that we don’t have too much work to do, it’s the fact that during these breaks we find ourselves in a time machine. Your old high school friend group is reunited. That best friend of yours and you can spend every waking moment together in person not via FaceTime. You can go to that one spot you’d always find yourself after a day of school. Life feels to rewind for a second, and who doesn’t love a good blast from the past.

Making Money

While summer is the time to go out and adventure, it is also the perfect time to make some money. We have time on our hands so we may as well use it to help us later on in the year and a summer job is the perfect way to do that!

image 1

image 2 

image 3

image 4

image 5

I'm Simona and I'm from Los Angeles! I am double majoring in Political Science and Psychology. Outside of school, I love going out with friends, traveling, and going on spontaneous adventures.
Alison is a Senior Marketing major at Loyola Marymount University. She is also President of Her Campus at LMU and has been involved since her freshman year. She enjoys writing, running, going to the beach, and is always down for a cute brunch.