element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Reasons It Seems Impossible to Find a Boyfriend at LMU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Raise your hand if you thought college was going to be a glorious opportunity to choose from an abounding amount of eligible men and finally find the man of your dreams? However, it seems most of us have fallen short of these pre-conceived, thriving times. At least at LMU, girls are progressing farther into their four-year college experience still single and still ready to mingle.

The problem IS NOT YOU. The pickings are slim and here’s 5 reasons why:

1. Let’s talk math. The ratio of men to women at LMU just doesn’t add up. For the amount of gorgeous, model-like girls strutting the campus there should be an equal amount of 10/10’s am I right?

2. With a limited amount of men already, the availability of these boys is even more detrimental to your chances of getting a ring on that finger. You finally get your eyes on some quality men, but, of course, they already have a perfect girlfriend and are practically on their way to the alter.

3. We don’t settle ladies. There may be a shortage of knights in shining armor, but we are willing to wait it out. Compromising quality for quantity does not work in our favor not only in our self-representation as a wife material candidate, but also in attracting the right crowd of bachelors. “Sloppy-seconds” is not our style. If they already made their way around the block, we are not open for business.

4. Lack of motivation. Dressing to impress is slowly diminishing as the number of worthwhile men diminishes too. LMU, with its extravagant campus and surrounding beach city vibes, did not exactly execute the sun-kissed living us girls had in mind, leaving us with empty promises and empty hearts.

5. Girl Code. Although it can get sticky when considering someone’s ex-boyfriend the concept of “off-limits” is clearly stated in the girl handbook and further prevents our chances to find the perfect fit. Even when there are great men in our horizons, if their ex-girlfriend is your friend, SAY GOODBYE. 

Desperate times calls for desperate measures, ladies. Whether you are willing to compromise a friendship for a possible lover, take on a relationship with a boy with baggage, or attempt to home wreck a seemingly unbreakable relationship, it is extremely difficult to not resort to these lows when the LMU student body just does not provide.

LMU Senior. Marketing Major/Studio Arts Minor. DG gal. Ms. Worldwide
A Cleveland, Ohio native, Kaitlin is a senior English Major at Loyola Marymount University.