This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

With the end of the school year fast approaching, we’ll all soon be heading back home, maybe staying in L.A., but no doubt trying to balance summer relaxation with job and internship hustling. But amidst it all, summer is a time for sun, fun with friends, and music, all of which can be found in 2019’s plethora of summer music festivals. Spread throughout the summer months and the country, there’s bound to be a good time near you, maybe at one of these five festivals!

Woodstock 50

August 16-18 in Watkins Glen, NY

This summer is the 50th anniversary of the iconic Woodstock Music Festival. When it was announced that there would be a 50th-anniversary concert, many (including myself) worried that the performers would be too basic or cheesy. Luckily no such thing came to pass. The festival lineup is well-balanced with popular contemporaries like Miley Cyrus and Halsey, current rockers like Greta Van Fleet and Cage the Elephant, slightly older acts like The Black Keys, and even performers from the original festival like Santana, David Crosby, and John Fogerty. The festival’s bound to be full of all the peace, love, and music someone who missed the original could hope for!

Lollapalooza

August 1-4 in Chicago, IL

The best time for Midwesterners, Lollapalooza is chock full of performers ranging from mainstream to up-and-coming, across every genre imaginable. Set in Grant Park in Chicago, one-day tickets range from $130-$2,000, while four-day tickets range from $340-$4,200. The festival makes for a great road trip destination for my fellow midwesterners, so I’ve heard about, along with great experiences and life-lasting memories.

Bonnaroo

June 13-18 in Manchester, TN

Heading a little down south from the midwest, you’ll find the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival. Headlined by big names like Childish Gambino, Post Malone, and Phish (for the 90s/00s rock lovers), Bonnaroo is the perfect festival for anyone with a diverse music taste, though the festival’s roots lie in the rock genre. With tickets going for $319 + fees for four-day general admission and $825 + fees for VIP, guests will be treated to multiple stages, acts, artisans, comedy, cinematic experiences, and a Ferris wheel.

Bottlerock

May 24-26 in Napa Valley, CA

For all you “I’m from the Bay” students at LMU, these next two are for you! First up is Bottlerock. Located a bit north in Napa Valley, this festival is happening a few weeks after school gets out, and features acts ranging from Godfather-of-Grunge Neil Young to Logic, to name a few of the big ones. Also, being set in Napa, there’s bound to be wine, along with food, art, and a silent disco. One-day general admission tickets are $159, three-day admission is $359, and one-day VIP passes are $349, to name a few of the ticket options.

Outside Lands

August 9-11 in San Francisco, CA

Set in Golden Gate Park, Outside Lands Music and Arts Festival boasts performers like Childish Gambino, Anderson .Paak, Kacey Musgraves, and Paul Simon (who will be closing the show, and has said he will donate his net proceeds to local environmental non-profit organizations). Fitting, since the festival is known for doing its best to be eco-friendly while, in addition to musical performances, including experiences that involve art, food, wine, sports, and an arcade. With three-day general admission tickets going for $385 + fees and three-day VIP for $815, this festival is bound to be a great way to wrap up the summer before coming back down to SoCal.

My name is Sophie, I'm from Minneapolis, Minnesota, and I'm a Junior English Major here at LMU!
Alison is a Senior Marketing major at Loyola Marymount University. She is also President of Her Campus at LMU and has been involved since her freshman year. She enjoys writing, running, going to the beach, and is always down for a cute brunch.