Career

5 Female Entrepreneurs to Aspire to Be

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Sophia Amoruso

Known For: Founder of Nasty Gal and Girlboss

Age: 34

Advice: “Being honest about our shortcomings and being comfortable with who we are, wherever we are, and knowing there’s a community to support you? It’s a new way of seeing the world. You don’t learn from winning.” -Interview with ELLE

Elaine Welteroth

Known For: Former Editor-in-Chief of Teen Vogue

Age: 32

Advice: “Every time you have an opportunity to speak up, you are not just speaking for yourself. You’re speaking for communities of girls who have been underrepresented for far too long. And so you silencing yourself is silencing them.” -Interview with Malala

Yael Aflalo

Known For: Founder and CEO of Reformation

Age: 41

Advice: “The best idea is to figure out what’s missing, holes in the market, and what your vision is. If you have a clear idea of what it is that you want to create, the steps in which to get there seem much more clear.” -Interview with Rookie Mag

Emily Weiss

Known For: Founder and CEO of Glossier

Age: 33

Advice: “There will always be reasons why something didn’t go well, but the bottom line is that energy is better spent being a solutions person. ‘Nobody cares, just do your job.’” – Interview with Quartz

Leandra Medine Cohen

Known For: Founder of Man Repeller

Age: 30

Advice: “The way to stay inspired and to stay true to yourself is to be inspired by the life you’re living and to create a life for yourself that you want to be inspired by.” – Interview with VOGUE