Style

5 Fashion Trends Everyone Needs for their Summer 2021 Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Summer is upon us and that could only mean one thing: it’s time for a wardrobe change. For the past nine months, I’ve been living in my Urban Outfitters sweatpants, Nike crewneck, and furry pink Ugg slippers while hiding behind my computer screen on Zoom University. 

After scrolling through endless clothing hauls on TikTok and watching in awe as Suede Brooks and Victoria Paris went viral with their “get ready with me” TikTok’s, I’m inspired and ready for hot girl summer. 

I’ve gathered five fashion trends that will add the perfect amount of spice to our wardrobes to highlight how stunning we queens are.

Tinted Eyewear

Tinted lenses are the perfect summer accessory for any outfit. These sunnies can be dressed up or down: throw them on with your favorite bathing suit or wear them to brunch with your best friends. The brand Lexxola did not come to play with their sunnies; they are sleek and resonate hot girl summer. For more playful colors, Urban Outfitters has an array of options.

Lexxola Jordy in Black and Orange  

Margot Chunky Rectangle Sunglasses 

Platform Shoes

Heels, Boots, Flip Flops—you name it and there’s a platform version. What’s better than being a few inches taller and comfortable? Jeffrey Campbell never fails to surprise me with their shoes, and I’d encourage you to check out their new platform flip-flop. If you’re looking for a neutral color, Urban Outfitters is the place to go.

Jeffrey Campbell Platform Flip Flop Sandal 

Vagabond Black Platform Sandal

Halter Tops

Halter necklines are making their big comeback from the ’60s and ’70s. Halters are showing up in bikini tops, dresses, and of course in the iconic top itself.  This summer we are getting more creative with our tops and I’m here for it. Zara and House of Sunny are just a few of the brands that have caught onto this trend early. 

Zara Crossed Halter Top

House of Sunny Island Halter Top  

Matching Sets

I’ve been living in my loungewear for months, and I know I’m not the only one ready to give it up. Luckily matching loungewear is right on trend, and that’s a win-win. Aritzia and Set Active are my go-to’s for an entire set that matches…even the socks!

Aritzia Boyfriend Sweatshort 

Aritzia Boyfriend Zip-Up Hoodie  

SET ACTIVE 

Groovy Prints

What’s a new summer wardrobe without adding vintage florals or psychedelic waves? House of Sunny and Holiday the Label has you covered with your new statement piece.

House of Sunny Vibrations Dress

Holiday the Label

Madeline Pontius is a junior at Loyola Marymount University and is majoring in journalism. She loves film photography, fashion, music, matcha, and sunsets.
Her Campus LMU