Stay Spooky Halloween Hub 2019 Rep Images 1png?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Stay Spooky Halloween Hub 2019 Rep Images 1png?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Pinterest
Style > Beauty

5 Creative Halloween Costumes for You and Your Roomate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

If you’re like me, and Halloween is your absolute favorite holiday (besides your birthday, of course), then you’re probably pretty bummed out that you have to spend Halloween this year at home. However, I’m here to tell you that you can make the best out of your situation! Whether it’s with your roommates or a small group of friends, you can still celebrate the holiday by putting together self-made outfits with your besties and taking some bomb pictures for the gram. So here are five DIY Halloween Costumes to wear with your roomates:

1. Among Us

Unless you’re living under a rock, you’d know that Among Us is one of the most popular games being played at the moment. Since the players are set on a spaceship, they are all wearing different colored space suits (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, cyan, brown, lime, white, and black). Honestly, the hardest part is choosing which person is which color. 

You will need:

Onesie in a chosen color

Mini backpack in the same color

Space helmet (optional) 

2. Holes

This movie was a hidden gem. Periodt.

You will need:

– Orange jumpsuit

– White tank top

– Bucket hat (optional)

– Empty milk gallon

– Sharpie (to write your name on the milk gallon)

– Piece of elastic (as long as a purse strap)

Once you’ve got the jumpsuit on, tie the arm straps around your waist. Next, tie the ends of the piece of elastic around the handle of the empty gallon. Use the sharpie to write a fun nickname on the gallon, and you’re good to go! Now get to diggin!

3. The Bad Wiggies

Three wise queens once said: “give em wiglash.” With over 1.4 million followers on TikTok, the Bad Wiggies have become an internet sensation, not only for their hilarious parodical content, but their three distinctly colored bobbed wigs, that identify the three members as Pink, Purple, and Blue.

You will need:

Pink wig

Purple wig

Blue wig

4. Money Heist

There’s no stronger bond than the one amongst Spain’s most wanted robbers.

You will need:

Red jumpsuit

Dali mask

– Doc Martins (optional)

5. The Cheetah Girls

I mean, come on. It’s cute, comfortable, and perfect for those of you in colder weather! Gather three of your friends and recreate this iconic girl group! What’s even better is you can wear the tracksuit even after Halloween. 

You will need:

Matching sweatsuit in your designated color

Matching cheetah headband

– White tank top 

Chiamaka Amadi is a junior Health and Human Sciences Major at LMU. She is currently a member of the Alpha Phi Zeta Beta Chapter as well as in an A Cappella group called Notetorious on campus. When she's not studying, she enjoys exploring LA, traveling, kickboxing, and doing anything spontaneous from drastic hair transformations to tattoos and piercings. During quarantine, she discovered her love for discussing social issues, which manifested into her co-hosting a new podcast called Parental Advisory! insta: @parental.advisory.podcast
Her Campus LMU