This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

We are back for another semester and this time in person! This article will help you get back in the swing of things with school, life, and seeing people in person instead of just on a screen. Let’s face it; it’s exciting, scary, and a bit overwhelming to be back. Here’s some tips to get through it and of course enjoy it!

Fill your time up without overdoing it

Being back on campus may cause you to want to start doing anything and everything, like Greek life, clubs, and service organizations. LMU has so much to offer and now is the time to take advantage of all of these opportunities. However, you can only do so much. We have been locked down for quite some time and it is okay if your social battery runs out a lot quicker than it used to pre-pandemic. Make time to be with you and just you.

Planners, spreadsheets, calendars: use them!

As someone obsessed with organization, I look forward to the first week of school when I receive all of my syllabi and can create my school calendar based off of all the due dates and assigned homework dates. Don’t wait to get organized; start the year on the right foot by finding what organization skills work for you.

Sleep!

This may seem like a silly tip, but it is uber important. Walking around on campus, talking to people, participating in classes, and socializing all require a lot of energy. I recommend going to bed early when you can and getting a good night’s rest, especially before early classes.

Hopefully these three simple, yet important tips do the trick to get you back on track with in-person college! See you around campus!

Natalie Pernas is a sophomore Dance major & Public Relations minor at Loyola Marymount University. She grew up in Portland, OR, but recently relocated to Medford, NJ. Natalie is so excited to join Her Campus this year! When Natalie has free time, she loves taking spin classes, cooking, and drinking iced coffee!
Marisa is a film production and international relations double major and philosophy minor. She loves iced coffee, watching movies, and of course her HerCampus family!