22 Iconic Celebrity Halloween Costumes We’ll Never ForgeT

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

By: Heather Creamer

Heidi Klum as Jessica Rabbit

Heidi Klum is well known for her Halloween looks, and her 2015 costume may be one of her best. Klum looked almost identical to Jessica Rabbit from 1988’s Who Framed Roger Rabbit movie.

Lupita Nyong’o as Dionne from Clueless

Lupita Nyong’o dressed up as Dionne from Clueless at Heidi Klum’s 2018 New York Halloween bash. Dionne, played by Stacey Dash in the 1995 film, is known for her daring fashion choices and quick wit, and Lupita couldn’t be pulling it off better.

Lizzo as Baby Yoda

Need we say more?

Rita Ora as Post Malone

In 2018 Rita Ora dressed up as Post Malone for Halloween during her Wembley Stadium concert. Her attention to detail had fans doing a double take. She even got the rapper’s unique facial tattoos down.

Bella Hadid and The Weeknd as Beetlejuice and Lydia

For Halloween in 2018, The Weeknd and Bella Hadid dressed up as Beetlejuice and Lydia Deetz, the spooky characters in Tim Burton’s 1988 film Beetlejuice. Who doesn’t love a Tim Burton-inspired Halloween?

Katy Perry as a Cheeto

In 2014 Katy Perry dressed up as a Flamin’ Hot Cheeto for Kate Hudson‘s Halloween party in Los Angeles. Fans ate up the costume and it’s still memorable almost a decade later.

Leona Lewis as a Golden Goddess

In 2016 Leona Lewis dressed as a Golden Goddess for Trick Or Treats magazine Halloween party in Los Angeles. There’s no denying that she was glowing!

Zendaya as Aaliyah

Zendaya debuts her Aaliyah costume on the red carpet at a 2013 Keep A Child Alive’s Annual Dream Halloween in Santa Monica. The (then) 17-year-old star was in attendance to perform during the event. One iconic dancer/singer/actress channeling another.

Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka as the Olsen twins

Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka looked unrecognizable in their 2019 Halloween look as the Olsen Twins.

Fergie as a Toddlers in Tiaras Contestant 

Fergie dressed up as a pageant contestant from Toddlers and Tiaras for Heidi Klum’s 2011 Halloween party, complete with the trophy and pink teddy bear. A costume fit for a (Beauty) Queen!

Chloe Bailey as Betty Boop

For Halloween 2021, Chloe Bailey stunned social media with her Betty Boop costume. Iconic!

Cardi B as Morticia Addams

Cardi B took to Instagram to unveil her 2021 Halloween costume as Morticia Addams. She shouted out designer Natalia Fedner for her work on the black dress, which she revealed was made entirely of metal.

Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas as Isabella and Paolo from The Lizzie McGuire Movie

In 2021, Sophie Turner captioned a photo of herself and Joe Jonas, “Sing to me Paolo” as the couple dressed as The Lizzie McGuire Movie characters Isabella and Paolo. Even Hilary Duff, who plays Lizzie in the film, approved.

Lee Yoo-Mi as Younghee, the Giant Doll from Squid Game

Squid Game actress Lee Yoo-mi who starred as Ji-yeong in the Netflix series, shared photos of her dressed up as the Younghee doll from the Squid Game series for Halloween 2021, and it’s chillingly good! 

Halsey as Corpse Bride

Halsey is another celebrity known for her over-the-top Halloween looks and 2020 was no exception, featuring this amazing Corpse Bride look.

Ariana Grande as a Twilight Zone character

This intense 2019 look was inspired by a season two episode of CBS’ “The Twilight Zone,” titled “Eye of the Beholder. This costume is terrifying enough to keep you up at night but so good that you can’t look away.

Mindy Kaling as Elle Woods from Legally Blonde

In 2021 Mindy Kaling took to Instagram to reveal for Halloween she was channeling ‘female comedy legends’, starting with Elle Woods from Legally Blonde. I love the touch of the real Chihuahua!

Jessica Alba as Dora

Jessica Alba is adorable as is, but dressed as Dora? Her 2009 costume couldn’t be cuter. Come on, vamanos!

Jordan Stephens and Jade Thirlwall as Sideshow Bob and Marge Simpson
Little Mix star Jade Thirlwall became Marge Simpson with boyfriend Jordan as a sinister Sideshow Bob for Halloween in 2021. The two pull it off so well they nearly look like cartoons come to life!

Winnie Harlow as RuPaul

At Heidi Klum’s 2018 Halloween party, Winnie Harlow paid tribute to the queen of drag queens with an amazing Ru-Paul costume. No T, No Shade.

The Rock as The Hulk

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson shared a photo of himself dressed up as The Hulk on his Facebook page back in 2012. “The People’s Hulk.”

Heather Creamer is an avid writer and lover of all things media related. Heather has run numerous blogs over the years, as well as written for several college media publications, covering topics from touring recording artists to paper straws.