2019 Can’t be Tamed: Did the Jonas Brothers Comeback Lead to a Hannah Montana Reboot?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

It’s 2019, but it really feels like the early 200s with the recent Jonas Brothers comeback, Sucker and the latest Miley Cyrus picture where she blurs the line between Hannah and Miley. Some are 100% down to relieve their elementary – middle school obsessions while others are confused with the recent flashback to the past.

Suckers for the JoBros

The Jonas Brothers just recently started touring with a setlist composed of their latest single Sucker, the fan favorite Burnin Up, and much more old goodies. Some fans thought the Jonas Brothers come back was going to happen in 2013 with the single Pom Poms, but are still happy that they came back 6 years later.

The Jonas Brothers still have a dedicated fandom with their music video, Sucker being watched 91 million times. They have kept fans invested with Joe’s band, DNCE, Kevin’s reality show Married to Jonas, and Nick’s solo musical success.  The brothers made sure to add their separate endeavors to their set list with DNCE’s single Cake By The Ocean, Jealous by Nick Jonas, and the biggest surprise, Gotta Find You from Camp Rock. The Jonas Brothers have made the successful business move of coming back on a high of publicity after Nick Jonas’s highly publicized wedding as well as the public interest in Joe Jonas’s engagement.

After tour though will the Jonas Brothers just disappear into thin smoke after rehashing the past or will they actually put out a full album?

Either way at least they have possibly inspired Miley Cyrus to attempt to bring back the past.

Hannah Montana 2.0

Recently Miley Cyrus posted on Instagram with a familiar hairdo. This had her fans called Smilers excited about a possible Hannah Montana Reboot.

Miley fans also have proof to support their beliefs due to Miley following an account on Instagram named hannahmontana as well as Miley singing The Best of Both Worlds, The Hannah Montana theme song on Twitter.

Miley might just be giving herself a quick laugh by hyping her fans up about the reboot and hey good publicity is always a plus, but what if the rumors are true?

Can the fandom culture of 2019 survive die hard Smilers and JoBros?

1D’s Fault?!

Maybe the real culprit is One Direction for going on a hiatus and possibly never coming back(even though I and most still have hope).

How do you feel about The Jonas Brothers going on tour again. Are you planning on seeing them?

Also check out Miley Cyrus singing the best of both worlds at @MileyCyrus

Afro-Latina 19-year-old 2,210 miles away from Home with a knack for writing. I'm turning my hobby into a profession by being a Screenwriting major at LMU who doesn't know how to answer the question, "What's your favorite movie?" Instead, a question that I can always answer with a heck yes is, "Do you want to try this new restaurant?" I am someone who loves watching movies/shows and advocating for authentic diversity on the screen as well as talking about my love for Louis Tomlinson. I'm Isabella or Isa or the living contradiction, outgoing and shy due to having anxiety -- through my articles I hope to add my voice to the topics of mental health, lgbt issues, and mixed identity that are often covered up instead of being covered.