10 Thoughts We All Have While Studying For Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

By: Lauren Sarberenyi 

Ah yes, that time of year has come: midterm season.  William Henry Hannon is our new BFF, and we rely far too heavily on coffee during these few weeks.  It all seems doable until you realize you have three midterms in one day. Great. 

Your professor reminds you that the midterm is two days away.

Your stomach drops and you realize you haven’t been paying attention for the past six weeks.

You try to calm yourself down by telling yourself that you have a week to prepare.

Naturally, you distract yourself with other activities that are much more appealing than studying.

You finally open your textbook (for the first time all semester) and realize that you know absolutely nothing.

It’s worse than you thought it was going to be.

You book a study room in the library and tell yourself to buckle down and get through 4 chapters tonight.

It’s a lot more difficult to focus than you thought it would be.  The fatigue slowly sets in.  

It’s now 1 am the night before your midterm.

You’ve never felt so unprepared. 

You to go home and sleep for 4 hours before your midterm.

You feel like your brain is going to explode.

You wake up in the morning realizing that today is midterm day.

You can’t bring yourself to step into the classroom.

You walk out of the classroom after the exam accepting defeat.

Hey, maybe college isn’t for me.  Flipping burgers at In N Out doesn’t sound too bad, right?

You decide to go home and take a nap and forget about this horrible day.

Please don’t post my grades on Blackboard.  I can’t take it. 

You get your test back to see that you didn’t totally fail.

You feel proud that you crammed 7 chapters into one night.  You probably won’t learn from your mistake of waiting until the last night to study.
And now, onto the next one…