10 of the best Gossip Girl Moments

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

It feels like just yesterday S & B were perched on the Met Steps. In honor of the show’s 10th anniversary, here are (a few) of my personal favorite moments from the show…I know I love them, XOXO ;)

1) When Serena returns to the Upper East Side (1 x 1)

Who could forget the Pilot episode when our favorite blonde-haired It-Girl, Serena van der Woodsen, is spotted at Grand Central Station, soon after “mysteriously disappearing for ‘boarding school’”? Not me – that’s for sure! We should all thank “Melanie91” for being our first tip into the roller-coaster world that is Gossip Girl.

2) S & B’s iconic Central Park photo shoot montage (1 x 4)

Ahh the power of friendship…

This scene had to make it onto my list. After Blair shoots her shot at modeling for her mother’s clothing line, but gets kicked off set by the photographer, the girls steal all of Eleanor’s designs and have their own photo shoot in Central Park. As Gossip Girl herself puts it: “As much as a BFF can make you go WTF, there’s no denying we’d be a little less rich without them…”

3) Blair’s take down of Georgina in the Season 1 finale (1 x 18)

We all know (and kind of love) Georgina Sparks for her craziness and scheming. But when she wreaks havoc across the Upper East Side, Blair is there for revenge. In the season 1 finale, our favorite Queen B manages to contact Georgina’s parents, who send her to a Christian boot camp for “troubled girls,” forcing her out of Manhattan. You would think Georgina would learn her lesson not to mess with Blair Waldorf after that…

4) “3 words. 8 letters. Say it and I’m yours.” (2 x 01)

This list wouldn’t be complete without this moment. Blair’s “3 words. 8 letters. Say it and I’m yours” speech is arguably one of the most memorable quotes–one that has made it onto most girls’ Tumblr pages at some point or another. Chuck, why can’t you just profess your love already?! You know you want to…XOXO

5) Chuck’s first “I love you” (2 x 25)

Chuck’s first “I love you” to Blair after he flew back from Europe with her favorite treats, and the scene above (#4) are a pair of scenes that made my heart (and probably yours!) break and then SWOON. Hard. When will I get a Chuck Bass of my own?!?

6) When they play Assassin (3 x 17)

For Nate’s birthday, Serena plans a game of Assassin for all of them to play. Not sure why I love this episode–but I do. Anybody up for a game of our own?

PS ~ I re-watched this episode after writing this lol

7) Dorota and Vanya’s Wedding (3 x 18)

Ok you might be thinking “Really? She picked that moment?” But hear me out! Dorota is an angel: she’s sweet, caring, funny, and probably the most un-problematic character to exist. How can you not love her? She deserves nothing but the best. Chuck offers to throw Dorota her wedding, and she asks him and Blair to walk her down the aisle. Ahh heart eyes for this adorable scene.

8) When Chuck apologizes to Blair for everything (5 x 06)

Just see for yourself ladies and gents…plus, Lana Del Rey’s “Video Games” in the background makes it even better. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=125&v=ZH9r4g0rj74

“They say every road comes to an end, but sometimes the end feels just like the beginning.” ❤

9) Bart Bass: back from the dead (5 x 22)

After Bart “dies” in season 2, it is revealed he faked his death to save his entire family from being murdered. This is easily the most absurd storyline in the show, at least in my opinion, so obviously I had to include this moment on my list.

10) Serena and Dan’s Wedding and the flash forward (6 x 10)

And so the series comes to an end…

Of course I love the moment when Chuck and Blair get married in Central Park, but I love Serena and Dan’s wedding scene when we get to see everyone a few years into the future. Not only am I mildly obsessed with Serena’s hair in this scene (and basically every other scene in the series, let’s be real), but we also see Chuck and Blair’s son–it doesn’t get much cuter than that. After 6 seasons of wild moments, the final scene was a sweet one.