Step Into Spring- Spring’s Best Dressed On Campus!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Liverpool chapter.

With the first sighting of sun and the first day of not feeling chilly without my winter coat and boots on, all I can think about is the spring/summer must have wardrobe this season. After having a browse of the shops, and witnessing the effortless style around Uni, I decided to check out what styles the ladies of Uni of Liverpool are fashioning this term.

The comfy yet chic look:

This look is perfect for a day spent cramming in the Library this exam season, alongside a trip into town or a cheeky trip to ‘The Font’ during your revision breaks. By teaming baggy shirts with a light-weight Jacket, converses or chunky trainers of some sort, this is a look which is effortlessly cool. This is so easy you don’t even have to try! If the weather warms up even more, replace the trainers with some summer sandals to complete the casual summer student look.

Angelika wears Primark Jacket, Nike Trainers and a lovely oversized bag from Topshop… effortless campus style!

Leonie and Amelia get the ‘comfy on campus’ style spot on for a day at the Library.

How about adding some colour?

Pretty pastel colours are simple and classic, a very pretty look for this spring without being too daring! Even if it is simply adding a touch of colour to a neutral outfit such as a plain white top with jeans, it instantly creates a summery outfit for this spring time. More and more high street stores are proving these colours to be a success with the amount of pastel coloured items in Topshop and Zara at current. They suit any skin tone and because they are so subtle, they can easily be dressed up with jewellery or dressed down for casual days spent in the Library. 

Emma looks fabulous in this mint pastel colour dress, teamed with a leather jacket makes the perfect combination for a trip out in this cool but sunny spring weather!

This pastel pink skull print scarf adds prettiness and a bit of colour to a very classic outfit with the camel colour coat.

If you are feeling slightly more daring this spring…

bright and neon colours are out in force- they are everywhere at the moment! Whether you are rocking a plain block colour or bold pattern number, both styles brighten up outfits and are easily worn with a pair of jeans or leggings. When I went out to spot the fashion around Uni, bright colours were everywhere. Simply by wearing one item of colour instantly makes your outfit more noticeable and more interesting. However, a word of warning- you have to be careful not to clash with other bright colours, therefore it is best keeping it simple with only one bold item of clothing. These ladies get it spot on with their bright items, they definitely caught my eye whilst out spotting styles!

As the sun is out, why not go all out in a pretty spring dress!?

Spring dresses are for much more than a spring fling, they are a must have all season! Once these style dresses are worn, you know that summer is just around the corner! Whether it is a floral pattern or bright bold pattern, both have the same stand out effect. Rosie (right) opts for a beautiful and chic white dress with cut out flower pattern around the waist to add something a little different.

Vanessa’s vintage style dress from ‘DEEP’ on Bold Street in Liverpool epitomises the vintage culture here in the city, showing us what fabulous finds there are- especially around Bold Street. Make sure to check out your local vintage, boutique or charity shops, as this gorgeous dress below was half the price you’d expect to pay for it in stores such as ‘Topshop’. 

Vanessa pulls off a floaty spring dress with a leather jacket and heeled cut out boots to put and edge on the outfit. 

So, after spotting this season’s styles around Uni, it is safe to say that the ladies on campus have style! The girls are looking effortlessly chic this spring and rocking all the different looks which spring has to offer…  It is sure to say that exam revision and coursework woes definitely do not get in the way of fashion on campus! 

Literature Student, a love for fashion and writing
Bethan Ann Andrews, Third year Literature student, Passionate about writing and print.