4 Ways to Boost Your Confidence In Seconds

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LIM chapter.

Everyone gets discouraged once in awhile, but it really comes down to not letting your fears get the best of you. No one is ever 100% confident. Never feel like you are the only one that lacks confidence – we are all with you girl. Whenever you feel incapable of doing or saying something, remember these tips that will boost your self-assurance in seconds.

1) What Would Beyoncé Do?

Queen B slays every day and is a perfect representation of girl power! She is not afraid of being bold; she is as spontaneous as she can be. My question is, why do you feel like you can’t be as bold as her? Yes, she is the only Queen B, but her actions can be admired and made it your own. Find your niche, make it your personal brand, and slay

2) What Would Mariah Carey say?

In my previous article, “Why Mariah Carey Is a Diva & It’s Ok”, I spoke about how her diva qualities can definitely be admired . Take some of her sass for yourself! Mariah Carey is the queen of shade; you bite her and she will bite right back. So, if someone is rude to you or hurts you, just be shady back, but ten times worse! Don’t ever let anyone think they are better than you because we are all equals.

3) Listen to Your Favorite Song

I know it may sound a bit insane. You are probably thinking, “what does listening to my favorite song have to do with boosting my confidence?”. Well, there is always that one song that gets you in a good mood and pumps you up. For instance, the song “Flawless” by Beyoncé and Nicki Minaj is mine. It is my all-time favorite song because it depicts that confidence is key. You should feel like you look flawless every day, and that no matter what other people think, you should still stunt on all of the haters.

4) Always End with Your Tag Line

Let’s all be honest here, we all give ourselves long lectures on stupid mistakes we make. So, why can’t you throw a line talking about how amazing you are? Telling yourself you are gold is not being full of yourself, it’s recognizing your worth and how valuable you are in this world. Next time you are upset about a bad exam grade, let yourself know that you will kill it in the next exam. Feeling blue about a guy? Guys will be guys, can’t do anything about that. Sadly. As long as you understand how lucky a boy is for having your attention and love, that is all that matters. Boys will come and go. If one didn’t work, the next guy will be your prince. Keep your head up ladies because we all slay in our own way!

Casey Miller is a graduate student studying Fashion Marketing at LIM College. While living New York City she has interned for two national magazines as well as womenswear designer Christian Siriano. She also runs her own blog and is a digital influencer for Cosmopolitan Magazine's Social Patrol. For all things fashion, beauty and lifestyle check out her blog www.frombeginningtotrend.com.