books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Spirited Studying

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year: the anticipation of winter break, the upcoming holidays, and yet there is just one thing blocking our path to our holly jolly lives: finals. I don’t know about you, but studying while your mom is texting you pictures of your family putting up the Christmas tree, is not very productive and mostly leads to shoving my books aside, turning on the Christmas lights, blasting some Christmas music and scrolling through endless pages of Pinterest to find good holiday cookie recipes. So here I am to motivate you (and myself) to keep reading those books and doing those practice problems and crush these upcoming exams! 

1. I go home December 16th, the very last day of finals…that is only 11 days away…you’ve been here for about 4 months… you can survive 11 (or less) more days.

2. There are no more classes, so you can sleep a little later (make sure you set an alarm at some point so you don’t sleep the day away and wake up at 3pm in a panic)

3. If you’re going to study, might as well study somewhere as beautiful as Linderman. It’s cozy and being in a library forces you to focus.

4. Williams Hall is a great study spot too. The greenhouse area is currently decked out in lights and is an awesome place to study.

5. Don’t be afraid to turn on some light Christmas music while crushing that last essay. It automatically puts me in a better mood and speeds up the writing process.

All in all, even though finals are lurking, you can do it! Study a couple of hours each day. Don’t procrastinate, stay focused and the holidays will be here before you know it!