Recyclemania

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

From February 6th to March 30th, Eco Reps will be hosting a friendly competition, known as RecycleMania. Over this 8-week period, various colleges across the United States and Canada will compete to see who can reduce and recycle the most.

Each school will report the amount of recycling and trash they collect each week. The results that are collected will be ranked in various categories: which school recycles the most on a per capita basis, which school has the best recycling rate as a percentage of total waste, and which school generates the least amount of combined trash and recycling. Participants can track the progress of their campus and use the results to rally their peers to reduce and recycle more!

Each week the Lehigh University Eco Reps will be hosting various campus wide and residential events to encourage students to participate in RecycleMania. For example, Week 1 involved a photo contest. Students were asked to post a creative/fun picture of themselves recycling a water bottle for a chance to win a reusable water bottle.

RecycleMania is a fun and easy way to help improve the environmental friendliness of our campus. So go out there, show your Lehigh pride, and go green!

Do not forget to join the “Lehigh University RecycleMania” Facebook page to stay updated on weekly events!