NetClarify: Clean Up Your Social Media Accounts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

Ariel Birnberg, representative of NetClarify at Lehigh University, just released a newsletter about how NetClarify can help college students secure employment by representing themselves appropriately online and through social media. NetClarify now offers a “Gold report” that will monitor your social media accounts and ensures your social media is clean of potentially offensive or questionable to future employers. Lehigh is so fortunate to have Ariel represent such a great organization that truly helps college students prepare for the real world. Her Campus highly encourages the Lehigh community to make sure they are safe and well represented through social media, and getting involved with NetClarify would be a great way to start fresh and prepare for a career. Check out the most recent press release of NetClarify:

A New Year, A New You…Except Online

NetClarify launches new online reputation management tools for college students in time to let them start the new year with a clean slate. The service was founded by former deans and privacy experts. Go to NetClarify.com.

New Year’s is a time of resolutions. Yet even as students resolve on making better grades, finishing job applications and getting more involved in organizations, they are self-sabotaging and putting their careers at risk. In the same way that someone resolved to lose a couple of pounds in 2013 finds their bad habits getting in their way, students will find their online reputations making life difficult for them as they turn a new leaf.

Students entering the workforce should know that 70 percent of hiring managers have rejected candidates based on negative Web content, according to research commissioned by Microsoft. And while a student may be the model of success now, all of the content by or about him or her on social media from years past can weigh on a manager’s decision.

Rather than facing questions about online alcohol references or angry posts – or not even getting to the interview stage because of them – students can now take 10 minutes to start the year with a clean reputation.

NetClarify launched its newest reputation management tool created by former college deans and a placement chair who have seen their students lose opportunities because they were unaware of how their online profiles portrayed them.

NetClarify.com now offers a Gold report that will discover, compile, analyze and flag your social media and the general Internet for questionable content by or about a person. It lets young professionals see themselves through an employer’s eyes before they ever send out a resume. The Platinum report has the same features as the Gold, with the addition of public, criminal and property records so that an applicant can determine what needs to be explained in an interview, or if he or she is being mistaken for someone else with dire consequences.

From there, a student can work to remove the nights of partying, poor language choices and previously unknown rumors about him or herself, or he or she can use the tips NetClarify provides to have them removed by a third party. The reputation is cleaned before a resume is ever sent out or a resolution is crushed.