This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

In the spirit of LeLaf week, I have been reflecting on how this school has really become a part of my identity.  I never truly realized how big a part that this university really had in my life until it was literally staring me right in the face.  I am surrounded by people who just think of Lehigh as a place they go to school to receive a degree with high regards and maybe get a few extra perks along the way, like joining Greek Life or another great organization on campus.  So many people have no idea that this university has actually been a huge part of my life.  If you haven’t guessed it by now, I am a Lehigh Legacy.  My parents brought me to my first LeLaf football game when I was about 4 months old;  I was born in July and I made it to the game in November.  As the story goes, my first Lehigh-Lafayette began at Tally Ho.  My Dad’s fraternity brothers love telling me all about how they brought me out to the bar when I was still a newborn in my car seat carrier, and when they didn’t know what to do with me, they just placed the entire carrier right on top of the bar, with me still in it.  Thinking about it now, I don’t ever think I can picture seeing a newborn baby being allowed into a college bar, let alone being placed where drinks are being served.

It’s been around 19 years since that day and I’ve been to around 15 LeLaf football games since then.  I grew up cheering for the Brown and White, and all my family would ever tell me is how I was going to be an “engineer” or a “mountain hawk” some day (depending on when they graduated).  I guess I should give them some credit because they all ended up being right.  I grew up loving this school, but why?  I came to this place once, maybe twice a year to stand around in some parking lot in some sort of weather (I’ve been here in the sun, rain, snow, sleet, and freezing cold), ate some tailgate food, and maybe go watch some football, but I could do that anywhere. What really drew me here was the spirit. Seeing all the alumni and students come together with one common goal is something you don’t always get.  Yes, don’t get me wrong there are other schools with huge rivalries, but this is one I grew up knowing and took personally.

When I was applying to colleges, around two years ago (yikes!), my dad told me specifically that I could apply to any school I wanted, except one (I bet you can take a guess which).  After countless hours of research on what schools I should apply to, and planning visits,  I ended up choosing the right one for me, and it just so happened to be Lehigh.  I think the reason I fell in love with this school is because it felt like home to me.  It was a familiar place, some place where I have memories growing up.  Whenever I am at Goodman campus and I’m in the South Lot, I remember the places where my family and friends used to stand outside and gather for a few hours to catch up on the past year, and reminisce on their days at Lehigh.  I don’t think I would have chosen Lehigh to be my top choice university if it weren’t for the guys of PiLam and the rest of my family attendance.  Without you guys, I really don’t know where I would be today.

Here are a few memories I have cherished through my time here at Lehigh.  As always, go hawks.

Lisa Sanquini is a second year student at Lehigh University studying to become a civil engineer. She is an active world traveler but will always be a tried and true Jersey Girl. Lisa is a member of Kappa Delta and many other technical clubs on campus that are mainly engineering based, however she has always had an interest in writing and journalism. Lisa is also an avid coffee consumer, online shopping addict, and always enjoys a good nap.