Love is in the Air: What will you do on Valentines Day?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

Another year passed, and new relationships have formed. Whether you just started dating or you have been together for a while, there are so many things to do to make Valentines Day special.

If it is a new relationship……

Go out to dinner

A small dinner is nice, but going on a date to a nice restaurant and getting dressed up like you do not normally do because of your busy schedules can make the night even more special. Go for an early dinner around 6 and spend time just talking and having time just to yourselves. Without distractions you both will have time to enjoy each other. After dinner get something for dessert, treating yourself will allow him to see that you aren’t afraid to indulge on a special occasion.

Rent a Movie

If you both are not up for going out and just want to stay in, rent a movie and watch it in one of your rooms. Kick your roommate out and watch a new movie you both have not seen. Netflix, and itunes are perfect with the large selections that have. Make cookies in the kitchen for something to snack on during the movie. Just relaxing, watching a movie and talking can be even more special that something fancy on Valentines Day.

If you have been dating for a while….

Go away for the weekend

Getting away from the busy Lehigh life can be amazing. Leaving for a long weekend to ski, or go to New York or Philly is a perfect way to spend the weekend. Each night plan a dinner, play, event, or just a walk through the city to spend time together. An overnight get away is so needed and there is not a much better time to do it then on Valentines Day!

Make dinner together

Either go home to one of your houses for the weekend, or stay in one of your dorm rooms and cook dinner together. Cooking together can be such a fun experience. You get to see if your man is actually a good cook and if you can look forward to his good cooking in the future! Set up a table with candles and flowers and have a nice dinner just the two of you without disruptions. By cooking the dinner you will appreciate every moment more so then you would going out to dinner.