Life and Linderman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

One of Lehigh’s most famous landmarks, Linderman Library is every stressed student’s go­ to place. Inside you’ll find eyes frantically looking over problem sets, noses glued to textbooks, fingers vigorously typing essays and an overarching sound of silence and stress. However this month, before making the endeavor up to Linderman’s arching doors, you will notice among the ancient stone that builds our recognized library, rests a small pink bow in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Oftentimes, we Lehigh students are so overwhelmed with school work that we forget to take a moment to breathe and appreciate all that we have. Breast Cancer Awareness month is a time to remember loved ones who have fought hard for their lives against cancer. Although college is a whirlwind of new emotions and stress, we should find time to look around, appreciate our beautiful and acclaimed school and most of all, our healthy bodies that are able to hike up and down the mountain every day. So when passing one of the multiple pink bows scattered throughout campus, take a moment to appreciate your healthy and beautiful life and remember those who have not been as fortunate.